Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

[smg id=25515 type=preview align=center caption="Image1"]

Taking time off work finds me cruising the model shops and of course spending money,this is my latest purchase a Grafar Class 101 2 car unit. The down side is it needs 2 decoders to work fully the upside it is a great model it runs smoothly, very quietly and runs really slowly, it will run smoothly and take well over 2minutes to do a lap of Snoozebury.
Diane Tape

Croxy

Quote from: grumbeast on May 28, 2015, 02:13:29 PM

I'm not Croxy, but I am a Canadian, and the answer tour question is

Tim Hortons!  Best donut shop ever, good cheap coffee and so many of them that you can buy a donut from on store, throw it in a random direction and your likely to hit another Tim Hortons..

Imagine Starbucks or Costa, just half the price none of the pretence and more types of donuts that you care to imagine.

Moved back to the UK from Canada almost 4 yrs ago now and I'm still having withdrawn and missing my Tims

:)
Quote from: Tdm on May 22, 2015, 07:28:45 PM
To Croxy in Canada - One of last nights Quiz questions was " which Country consumes more donuts per capita than any other", and the answer is Canada - apparently you consume 3 times more than even the USA.

What's the fascination with donuts in Canada?, I personally very seldom eat donuts, when I do prefering just the cream filled ones with no hole in the middle. Begs the question what's your favorite nibble/snack, when say watching TV, a Video, or a Football match?

I usually get sent to the bedroom when there is a Footie match on Tele I want to watch, as SWMBO likes to watch something else on the Lounge TV, but I can't go without taking with me a beer, and some crisps, or popcorn, or a pork pie to nibble on whilst watching the game. I then get told off for leaving crumbs all over the bedsheets.  :D

Sorry been away.......but yes.....good coffee.....good donuts (although I seldom eat them) at reasonable prices......they have a dark roast now that I prefer.......I really can't add to the above description.... :)
If you like it run it......

mickster04

I recently took an order from the Liverpudlians, 15 HEA wagons, 3 RES GUV.
I also received 10 dcc chips from Time Tunnel Models.

[smg id=25629 type=preview align=center caption="new purchases"]
[smg id=25630 type=preview align=center caption="Closeup of coal HEA"]
[smg id=25631 type=preview align=center caption="RES GUV"]

ChrisWV10

Why is that whenever you pop in to the local modelling emporium for some scatter, glue, a mag... you always end up spending more....

[smg id=25697 type=preview align=center caption="Longmoor train pack"]

[smg id=25698 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 0247"]

Nice runner and looks really smart in blue/red with the white wheel trims  :D

The 3 coaches are all brakes which is a bit disappointing and I hadn't noticed 'til I opened it up at home, even after having a look at it in the shop. HUUUUGE box for a loco and 3 coaches. Nothing else.

And for those down under..... (dunno why these 2 are upside down?? ???)

[smg id=25702 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 0245"]

[smg id=25707 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 0248"]

:doh:

johnlambert

A few of my latest purchases, all manufactured by Graham Farish:

Adding a couple of BR crimson/cream coaches so that I can run either a complete set in this colour or mix them with my BR maroon coaches.

Ex-LMS Stanier BG

BR Standard Mk 1 BSK allocated to the Western Region

Ex-GWR streamlined railcar W27W.  A number of these were allocated to Leamington shed for use on services to Stratford-upon-Avon.  I think the model is an early-ish Poole example.

And one Dapol unit, a BR class 121 W55020 painted into chocolate and cream in 1985 to celebrate 150 years of the GWR.  I've no evidence that this unit ever visited the Midlands but I liked the colour scheme.

Newportnobby

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on June 06, 2015, 11:08:56 AM
Why is that whenever you pop in to the local modelling emporium for some scatter, glue, a mag... you always end up spending more....

And for those down under..... (dunno why these 2 are upside down?? ???)

Seems to be an iPad thing so if that's what you used..................... :hmmm:

Tdm

ChrisWV10 - I like that blue coloured 8F with white wheels - where did you get it, and/or is it available elsewhere also?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on June 06, 2015, 01:45:12 PM
ChrisWV10 - I like that blue coloured 8F with white wheels - where did you get it, and/or is it available elsewhere also?

Hi Terry,

The loco is actually the Longmoor Military Railway liveried WD rather than an 8F.
It is available in a Farish set but, unless anyone has split the set, probably won't be available on its own.
The choice of 3 brake end carriages may seem odd but I guess the military had a lot of kit to cart around with them :hmmm:

ChrisWV10

It's not actually a set but a train pack containing the loco and the 3 coaches. No track or controller.

They had them in Ian Allen Birmingham yesterday so other retailers should be getting deliveries soon. Couple of quid cheaper than a well known Liverpool based retailer as well. I paid £117.00

In the cabinet was also BR blue 47. Large Logo blue 47. NSE 47 (is there a theme developing here?) Scotrail 47 and the merchant Navy in Express blue. Credit card broke into a sweat but I resisted any other impulses!

C. :)

ChrisWV10

Thanks NPN. I took the pics on an iphone and loaded them from mac using safari. Odd thing is, if I rotated it on the mac and uploaded again, it was still downside up! :confused2:

Sprintex

I believe 'Only Me' has the same trouble with iPhone pics - that's Apple for ya ;)

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on June 06, 2015, 03:18:39 PM

In the cabinet was also BR blue 47. Large Logo blue 47. NSE 47 (is there a theme developing here?) Scotrail 47 and the merchant Navy in Express blue. Credit card broke into a sweat but I resisted any other impulses!

I suspect you're just going through your 'Blue Period' ;)

oreamnos

Farish Class 40 green with center head code.  Purchased from Hattons "pre-owned - sold as seen" for £35 (well,  £29 once VAT was deducted) because it was a "non-runner":

http://www.ehattons.com/stockdetail.aspx?SID=124509

Received today here in California and after putting on my track and watching it run perfectly fine, I have absolutely no idea what was wrong with it.  I even took it apart to look for a hidden defect.  Nothing.  Not even a split gear.

This isn't quite the deal as another Farish green Class 40 I got "pre-owned" for £25 (ex- VAT) from Hattons because it had a single split gear, but I'm not complaining!

Matt

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on June 06, 2015, 08:06:23 PM
Quote from: ChrisWV10 on June 06, 2015, 03:18:39 PM

I suspect you're just going through your 'Blue Period' ;)
Did you say Blue? BP?  :drool: Oh... large logo 47. Drat.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

johnlambert

I wanted some more BR Mk1 suburban coaches in crimson; specifically a second class and composite with Western Region running numbers (although the WR never used 57-foot chassis suburban coaches).  I found 2 crimson suburbans on Ebay which had been lightly weathered.  The weathering isn't bad, just the frames and coach ends.

I also wanted something a bit more modern.  As far as I can tell there were no timetabled, loco-hauled services passing through Claverdon in the BR Blue era.  But there were plenty of excursion trains to Stratford-upon-Avon.  I needed another BSK and a buffet coach for my blue/grey excursion train, which I was able to pick up last weekend.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations