Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie894

My Farish Deltic - 'The King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry' arrived today...

scottishlocos

WOW!

Thats a great looking Deltic they have done well with this model

Dave

d-a-n

Gaugemaster didn't have the green Deltic when I visited with my Dad earlier this month so I walked away with some of these for a early 60s tanker train

[smg id=13244]
[smg id=13243]
[smg id=13241]

There were 8 National Benzole and 3 Mobil tanks, I also got a 13t wagon and a 3 plank wagon (all wagons were £5.95 each!) to act as barrier wagons between my SR pill box and my WD - I don't know if this was still the practice for silver, 14t petrol tankers after the war but my railwaymen are very H&S conscious...

Brooksy

I'm very happy with this one:

[smg id=13251]

RTC class 24 with test car 5 and laboratory 12 - all picked up for less £70 on ebay - my bargain of the year.  :claphappy:

It was from an auction entitled "n gauge engine and carriages" finishing on a Friday lunch time - I think with a Sunday finish and a better description, it would have gone for a bit more.  :laugh3:

On the lookout for more RTC stock now - will maybe try some Electra vinyls and produce the monitoring van/VBA conversion. That looks to be an easy introduction into the world of vinyls, which I've been looking to get into for a while.

d-a-n

Lovely little train there, I hope it runs as beautifully as my blue 24 (one of the best runners I have in fact!)

Quote from: Brooksy on June 16, 2014, 11:47:27 PM
I'm very happy with this one:

[smg id=13251]

RTC class 24 with test car 5 and laboratory 12 - all picked up for less £70 on ebay - my bargain of the year.  :claphappy:

It was from an auction entitled "n gauge engine and carriages" finishing on a Friday lunch time - I think with a Sunday finish and a better description, it would have gone for a bit more.  :laugh3:

On the lookout for more RTC stock now - will maybe try some Electra vinyls and produce the monitoring van/VBA conversion. That looks to be an easy introduction into the world of vinyls, which I've been looking to get into for a while.

kaiwhara

'Ello 'ello 'ello, what's all this about then?? This isn't the one I have been converting?

Thanks CaptainElectra  :NGaugersRule:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

gc4946

Well done for your first modified Desiro 450 EMU!

You'll need half a dozen 4-car EMUs stabled in Portsmouth & Southsea's sidings for starters (there's four class 444 5-car EMUs in this image below)

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/station/Portsmouth/Southsea/P%2BSsea-lineeast-01.jpg
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

oreamnos

Received yesterday here in California from Hattons, a 2006 Farish Class 46 and a 2010 Dapol Class 58.  Both bought as pre-owned, "like new," items, and both were indeed like new.  No wear on the wheels, warranty cards included, and "bits bags" unopened.  Both run superbly.

Each was offered for a couple more quid than Hatton's original price back when the items were first released.  I have several Peaks already but this is one of my favorite variants issued by Farish.  As for the Dapol model, this was my first 58 and Railfreight Red-Stripe was the only livery I ever liked out of the choices so I was pleased to finally be able to buy one.  I'd just been made redundant around the time they came out originally and buying one then wasn't in the budget.  Happily things are much better now!

Matt

GScaleBruce

This arrived today from DM-Toys in Germany...

And it would have been rude not to include something for it to pull in the package. I mean, I'd paid for the postage already...

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

johnlambert

That's rather lovely, Bruce!  Just out of interest is the model loco or tender drive and what's more common with German outline locos?

GScaleBruce

Quote from: johnlambert on June 20, 2014, 11:25:08 AM
That's rather lovely, Bruce!  Just out of interest is the model loco or tender drive and what's more common with German outline locos?

It is indeed tender drive, which I think is generally the case with Fleischmann, but not necessarily with other manufacturers. There was an interesting comparison in the last N Bahn Magazin, looking at whether it was better to have tender or boiler mounted drive. They compared the Minitrix BR42.90 and BR50 against the new Fleischmann BR52 - all 2-10-0s, therefore. Now, you'll have to bear with my understanding of the German text here, but the best hauler was the Minitrix BR42.90, with a boiler mounted motor and all locomotive drive axles powered (obviously not the pony truck). Weakest was the Minitrix BR50, also with a boiler mounted motor and with three axles driven. This appeared to be because of the way the weight was distributed and a lack of adhesion on two of the driven axles. The tender driven Fleischmann BR52 with only two powered axles was only just behind the leader. It has a nice heavy cast tender chassis and plenty (relatively) of weight over the two driven axles and the traction tyres, placing it well ahead of the BR50.

The one drawback, to my mind, is that the Fleischmann tender is relatively rigid and relies on axle play on the unpowered axles to cope with tight radius curves. I enquired what the minimum recommended radius for a Fleischmann tender locomotive was, and was told "R1". Experience suggests this is rather an optimistic statement - my admittedly old BR38 wasn't happy on Peco R1 which is more generous than Fleischmann R1.
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Newportnobby

I have to say that looking at how closely coupled the tender is to the loco, I can't see it going round R1 curves :worried:

GScaleBruce

Quote from: newportnobby on June 20, 2014, 01:10:23 PM
I have to say that looking at how closely coupled the tender is to the loco, I can't see it going round R1 curves :worried:
I know what you mean - but it will! The tender is coupled with the usual bar, but (unlike my other loco) the coupling is ever so slightly sprung to keep the loco and tender as close together as possible while allowing it move on curves. Possibly difficult to see in this photo, but the loco is standing on a Peco R1.

Bruce

d-a-n

I've a lot of work on at the moment and I need something to keep me amused while I'm editing photos at my desk.

[smg id=13374]

Smooth, quiet, powerful, beautifully detailled and, despite having a BR blue layout, in the best livery.

talisman56

Visited my local emporium on Saturday to pick up some point motors, and these were sitting on the shelf begging to be added to the roster on "Dunestone" (that's my excuse, anyway):

Farish 377-635 Set of three BR 12T vans, Plywood sides, weathered.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations