Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

Glad to see you managed to get your hands on one  :thumbsup:

You will not regret your purchase, it is a brilliant model  :)

dave  :thumbsup:

scruff

Hah! BlueDieselitis strikes on Kimbolted! :D
Nice loco Mick, when are the kettles being sent to the scrapyard?  :claphappy:
It can't be long now, the new Farish production Deltics are due any day now and there should be some blue/grey mk1's arriving soon...
Welcome to the dark side!!! :claphappy:
Cheers
Mark

scotsoft

talisman56

Quote from: scruff on May 07, 2014, 04:41:15 PM
It can't be long now, the new Farish production Deltics are due any day now and there should be some blue/grey mk1's arriving soon...
Cheers
Mark

I wouldn't crow too soon, DP1 and 'kettles' are suitable layout-mates for the appropriate area... besides, 'Rule 1' should cover all eventualities here.

PS: we really need one of these -  :ngauge: - with 'RULE 1 RULES' on it...  :D
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: scruff on May 07, 2014, 04:41:15 PM
Cheers
Mark

Not a chance, Mark :no:
Yes, I have some blue/grey MK1's but they ran in the transition era anyway. Other than that I just have the DP1 and a BP in blue. While ever Farish keep bring out superb kettles like the WD, Ivatt, Fairburn, Royal Scot, 5MT, B1, Jinty and J39, kettles will always be on my shopping list. I really do want the Dapol Spam Can but am just hoping it even comes to fruition :worried:

Luke Piewalker

Courtesy of the lovely people at Kernow Model Rail Centre.
The hefty discount drew me in, but it was the Pwllheli destination board that made the sale!  :D

Les1952

Latest arrivals on hawthorn Dene, three more pacifics (all now DCC fitted).

[smg id=12185]

First up two A3s.   The front one was a Flying Scotsman split from a set.  Now renumbered as 60070 GLADIATEUR, representing the loco in its final condition with banjo dome, blinkers and a high tender.  My previous Gladiateur swapped tenders and gained an new identity.

The back one is another Lemberg (my third), now with number removed and waiting nameplates- hopefully it will become 60085 MANNA (aka Manna from Heaton)

[smg id=12184]

The third one Bittern of Gateshead shed.  the question is, whether to weather it to full Gateshead grot, or save that treatment in the hope I can afford another A4 to renumber as 60018 or 60020.  Bittern will eventually be sound fitted.

After all, you can never have too many Gresley pacifics....

All the best
Les

port perran

LNER pacifics are not really my scene but I have to say that they do look good.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

bees

Quote from: newportnobby on May 07, 2014, 12:55:29 PM
I procrastinated too long as to whether I should get one of these and so missed out on some very good prices. By the time I came to seek one they were getting scarce at a decent price, but thanks to a tip off from Scotsoft, I present to you the latest arrival on Kimbolted........

[smg id=12172]

[smg id=12173]

Thanks, John :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful looking loco, might have to keep my eye out for one of the new Deltics, I only saw one, once in service. As I started spotting they were being phased out, to the scrap line at Doncaster, I remember seeing 3 or 4 there!

Steven

:NGaugersRule:
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Newportnobby

I was lucky to be a spotter in the days of the Deltics and Kings Cross was one of my favourite haunts - so I 'cleared' D9000-D9021 :)

simonprelude

Luke Piewalker

I couldn't honestly say I did either, but i remember seeing many trains of HAAs that weren't uniform of livery, so I'm happy to mix them all up a bit.
Based on the cost of HAAs, and the sketchy availability, a slightly pragmatic approach is required I reckon.

Plainline.

Here are the latest additions to my stock. I can see why Union Mills loco's are addictive! [smg id=12204 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

simonprelude

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on May 08, 2014, 05:22:23 PM
I couldn't honestly say I did either, but i remember seeing many trains of HAAs that weren't uniform of livery, so I'm happy to mix them all up a bit.
Based on the cost of HAAs, and the sketchy availability, a slightly pragmatic approach is required I reckon.

Might try a spot of isopropyl alcohol on mine.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations