Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

Since someone said this was a rare item I was spurred into action at my local model shop.

Dapol Class 153 in Regional Railways colours.

The same shop has a dummy unit in the same colour scheme, I may have to buy that too after my next pay day.

talisman56

Spoils of War from the members event held at Taunton by 'another forum' yesterday...

The little '04' shunter is previously owned but is in mint condition and was hardly ran as was given as a present to previous owner and they run a 'Rail Blue' layout.

Couldn't resist the clay hoods, they are to be a little 'Rule 1' feature for "Dunestone"...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Oldun

Just arrived from Hattons today :thumbsup:

Those hand rails look delicate, almost afraid to pick it up  :uneasy:

[smg id=12059]

A late crest B1 :)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

bees

Hi All,

[smg id=12060]

My latest addition to my fleet.
She shall be painted in to 58028 in the original, as delivered livery, Railfreight Large Logo. She was the last one I saw, only 58028 & 32, I never saw, whilst being built at Doncaster Works.

[smg id=12058]

Only needs minor filling before painting due to the brilliant job that the original builder did!
Oh yeah, and for me to work out how to separate the body and chassis!

Steven

:NGF:
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

johnlambert

Quote from: Oldun on April 30, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

Roger

Looks good, Roger.

I know what you mean about the handrails, they are very delicate but I'd rather delicate handrails than over-scale ones that are moulded to the body.  But you may think otherwise.

Oldun

Quote from: johnlambert on April 30, 2014, 07:00:55 PM

Roger

Looks good, Roger.

I know what you mean about the handrails, they are very delicate but I'd rather delicate handrails than over-scale ones that are moulded to the body.  But you may think otherwise.

Best part is, in the box are some extra's such as - front steps, cylinder drain cocks, steam heat pipe, scale valve
guides (for display only) and an alternative front bogie with scale wheels suitable for display only. Makes you wonder
if its for 'use' or as a 'museum exhibit'  :-\

Roger

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

Those with (very) large radius curves/pointwork can get away with replacing the front bogie with the larger version but sadly it does not apply to me :(

Bealman

Geez that does look delicate. Lovely model, though. I do most damage to my new locos getting them out of the box... I'd be having nightmares with that one!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldun

Quote from: Bealman on May 01, 2014, 07:18:48 AM
Geez that does look delicate. Lovely model, though. I do most damage to my new locos getting them out of the box... I'd be having nightmares with that one!

NOT my one but it is packed/boxed the same:

[smg id=12072]

I myself find this packaging is easier to get the loco's out of without damaging them  :thumbsup:

Roger

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldun on May 01, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

NOT my one but it is packed/boxed the same:

[smg id=12072]

I myself find this packaging is easier to get the loco's out of without damaging them  :thumbsup:

Roger

Completely agree with Roger there - IMHO this is the optimum way to pack our delicate and detailed stock :thumbsup:

Roy L S

[smg id=12059]

A late crest B1 :)

Roger

I have several of the Farish B1s (three renumbered including one that is now 61244 "Strang Steel" no less).

They are an accurate and exquisitely detailed model, and although you do need to be suitably careful when handling them they are quite a bit more resilient than you might think.

Regards

Roy

grumbeast

Had a small inheritance and thought I'd spool myself with some BR Blue :).  Hattons had some good deals and I couldn't resist...

Can't wait to try them out.  I'm very impressed by the 20 and 108 in particular

Graham

image by -Grumbeast-trains-

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

richie894

Just got my Pretendolino from eBay. All of the coaches were fitted with lights which was an unexpected surprise. It looks good with my Thunderbird class 57.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations