Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

New Graham Farish BR Standard 5 MT 73068 and BR Mk1 BG in Blue/Grey.

At some point I'll have to renumber the loco to 73069, which was based at Leamington shed from June 1964 to June 1965.

Luke Piewalker

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Les1952

Quote from: portland-docks on April 05, 2014, 06:16:16 AM
Quote from: Les1952 on April 05, 2014, 01:12:12 AM
Quote from: portland-docks on April 04, 2014, 08:50:25 PM
how much did that cost you? sounds good!

Just over £125 for chip, speaker and fitting.   WD was discounted a few months back by Hattons.

All the very best
Les
Thats pretty dma good that!

I have a quite a few i want doing, may have to send an email! Where are they baed?

Digitrains are now in Lincoln, not far from the station.  Moved last week from rural Lincolnshire.  They have a competent website.

All the very best.
Les

NeMo

This is a seriously cute little train!

But what's with the claw-like coupling on the front? Is this an upgrade you've made, or something standard on the recent Union Mills locos? My Adams 0395 has regular Rapido couplings at front and back.

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: talisman56 on April 04, 2014, 11:21:27 PM
T9 304 in Southern Green
[smg id=11455]
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

talisman56

Quote from: NeMo on April 06, 2014, 11:10:38 AM
This is a seriously cute little train!

But what's with the claw-like coupling on the front? Is this an upgrade you've made, or something standard on the recent Union Mills locos? My Adams 0395 has regular Rapido couplings at front and back.

Cheers, NeMo

Both the T9s have the strange coupling on them, as supplied. I presume it's an attempt at a more unobtrusive coupling for the front of engines which *usually* ran smokebox first in service... When I get the turntable installed on "Dunestone" I'll probably try to remove them.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

EtchedPixels

I think its because there isn't room for a "proper" rapido mounting. The coupler style used on that is the same as on a lot of small Arnold locos where there isn't room and it works very well with a rapido on the coach/wagons.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Skyline2uk

QuoteIt's a Farish one. Could never afford a full dapol rake :P I googled the chassis, apparently it's good. £175 alone for some reason.

(sorry missed this post)

Yeah, if its a CJM chassis you should have a real good'n there  :thumbsup: (sorry missed this post)

Let us know what its like running?

Have you been to the CJM website?

Skyline2uk

Plainline.

Just received these in the post today. Will eventually be a recreation of the LT engineering trains of the late 60's. Not strictly accurate but if it captures the look and feel of the trains I'll be content. The brake vans will be partly repainted.[smg id=11527 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

jivebunny

That LT engineering train looks brilliant, and it's certainly original.

Nothing to show on my part, although I do seem to have uncovered and ordered the last of the motorised Regional Railways 153s available to buy online, which I'm quite happy about as I've been looking for one for four months :D

JB

Skyline2uk

QuoteNothing to show on my part, although I do seem to have uncovered and ordered the last of the motorised Regional Railways 153s available to buy online, which I'm quite happy about as I've been looking for one for four months :D

You won't be disappointed, really like mine  :thumbsup:

Didn't know they were getting so rare, I nabbed mine as a "best offer" from Fle-bay last year.

Skyline2uk

jivebunny

Yep, just had a look through eBay's completed listings for "Dapol 153" and the last Regional Railways one to be listed ended on January 24th, which I seem to have missed! Bizarrely it only went for £45 (RRP is £106, got mine yesterday for £95), although that might be to do with the fact that nobody has any money to spare at that time of year  :D

JB

jivebunny

Well, just called C&M Models to see what was happening with my order for the 153 as I my card still hadn't been debited.

Turns out their website's stock count isn't necessarily up-to-date; my absolute pet hate with online suppliers.

No 153 for me.

JB

jivebunny

Replied! Funnily enough I'm quite tempted by a 128 as well, since my time period is the early 80s to 1998  :D

JB

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations