Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinball

Quote from: Ensign Elliott on February 07, 2024, 04:15:26 PMI'm very pleased to see a new tooled loco and wagon on this quarters' announcements, despite neither of them being in my era or region. Having had the sound fitted 47s three months ago, and no doubt more announcements in another three months time, I really think the "N Gauge is failing" moaners are talking nonsense. We've never had so many great manufacturers producing such a range of quality, detailed N Gauge models.

Well said. I only started modelling in 2021, and I've been impressed with the range and the continual new announcements and new players in the market.

As far as I am aware OO Gauge still doesn't have a full prototype HST with power cars and coaches for example!

Brian-1c

I have already ordered a green pair, without yellow panels. I would have preferred the slightly later eggshell waistband colour scheme as that was current in 1959-61, when I first saw them in operation.

Perhaps that scheme and the black with early crests may come later. We live in hope.

I have wanted these for many years and am extremely pleased to see them announced. I would have one of each livery, if funds permitted. This is the best news in N gauge yet, for me.
Brian

pinball

Quote from: jamespetts on February 07, 2024, 04:00:07 PMThe Mk. 3 sleepers are an odd choice - these are the old versions based on Poole era toolings from what I can see, and are likely to be significantly inferior to the Dapol equivalents.

I am wondering if Farish plan new 47s and 57s in the next announcement. Wouldn't be shocked if a range of GWR 57s were on the cards and this may be an easy way Farish can flog a decent length sleeper rake with it.

Fairly sure the latest Dapol sleeper stuff is Intercity swallow and executive (perfect in my book), but as far as I am aware they have only done a couple of GWR coaches.

Personally I'll stay with the Dapol Mark 3s, but I can see the logic of at least all the GWR sleeper vehicles, if GWR 57s are in the pipeline.

me00rjb

Given the catalogue numbers (see below), I think there's a possibility we'll see another two pairs announced in 3 months time. Purely speculation on my part of course, but on the whole Bachmann seem to use consecutive number series for the same type of products, and also seem to be making more livery variations per batch these days.  There's also a precedent in the recent Mk1s releases: an 'E' suffix coach was announced and arrived before the 'D' suffix, so things don't always come out in catalogue number order.

372-910 / 372-910SF LMS 10000 Black & Silver Silent & Sound Fitted
372-911 / 372-911SF LMS 10001 Black & Silver Silent and Sound Fitted
372-912?
372-913?
372-914?
372-915?
372-916 / 372-916SF LMS 10000 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted
372-917 / 372-917SF LMS 10001 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted
372-918 / 372-918SF LMS 10001 BR Green SYP (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted

Richard Taylor

Quote from: pinball on February 07, 2024, 03:45:55 PMWonder how far I can stretch reality and have at least one of these locos on a preserved charter train based in the 80s / 90s out west... Very tempting.
TBH I suspect that a very large number of the sales for one or both of the Twins will be justified by that very excuse...

Richard

Aire Valley

Quote from: pinball on February 07, 2024, 04:46:51 PM
Quote from: jamespetts on February 07, 2024, 04:00:07 PMThe Mk. 3 sleepers are an odd choice - these are the old versions based on Poole era toolings from what I can see, and are likely to be significantly inferior to the Dapol equivalents.

I am wondering if Farish plan new 47s and 57s in the next announcement. Wouldn't be shocked if a range of GWR 57s were on the cards and this may be an easy way Farish can flog a decent length sleeper rake with it.

Fairly sure the latest Dapol sleeper stuff is Intercity swallow and executive (perfect in my book), but as far as I am aware they have only done a couple of GWR coaches.

Personally I'll stay with the Dapol Mark 3s, but I can see the logic of at least all the GWR sleeper vehicles, if GWR 57s are in the pipeline.

A sensible theory. However, Farish released a set of Mk2F coaches in Intercity Swallow livery last year and we're still waiting for the 47 to haul them. Should have been announced in the same window.

Credit due for The Twins, which will be a much welcomed announcement for many but the 1990's Poole era tooling Mk3s and HEA wagons are a very strange addition.... What's next? A return of pizza cutter wheels on all locos?!

Adam1701D

Put me down for a few Inter-City Charter Mark 1 Open Firsts!

I have to admit the re-release of Poole-era printed Mk3s does seem an odd choice. The decoration looks first class but there is no getting past the simple tooling and lack of interiors.

As you may realise, I am still a big fan of these mouldings for the ease of stripping and vinyling but they are much pricier now.

Already giving thought to the batch after next of the Dapol Mk3...InterCity Swallow with white roof looks like a shoe-in.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

JimSan

Will be ordering at least one Dance hall Brake van, in BR Grey, tempted by another in Southern livery as well.
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

geoffc

Quote from: pinball on February 07, 2024, 04:46:51 PM

Farish have already done a GWR Class 57, I have one hauling a rake of Dapol GWR sleepers.
Dapol have done the MK3 coaches for the Castle set, which incidently dont have a green band on the door and coaches for the full GWR HST which do have a green band on the door as per the Night Riviera "day" coaches. All it needs is for Dapol to put a loco hauled chassis under the appropriate three of the latter and altering the lettering so they have a "day" set for the Night Riviera.

Geoff

Adam1701D

The Castle HST set does not have the green panel of the doors, as it is supposed to represent the sliding door type of Mk3.

We could certainly make the GWR Night Riveria coaches but would be limited by our existing tooling.

I believe the RFM and Open First have been heavily modified with windows removed and we do not produce the BFO. This would need to be a TGS with a little forgiveness.

This is one area where the old Farish tooling scores well. Curse us with our quality moulded windows, full interior and light-bar readiness!  :D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

bluedepot

still no 25/3!

I may well be tempted with lms 10000 and 10001 though

old mk3s a very strange choice

tim

Bigmac

i know i saw 10000 on the Pines express in Birmingham ( Great barr )  in the early 60's.  I cant recall if it was black or green ( probably dirty )  I dont think i ever saw /01.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

scruff

Quote from: Adam1701D on February 07, 2024, 08:41:25 PMI believe the RFM and Open First have been heavily modified with windows removed and we do not produce the BFO. This would need to be a TGS with a little forgiveness.

This is one area where the old Farish tooling scores well. Curse us with our quality moulded windows, full interior and light-bar readiness!  :D

Adam you know we NEED a mk3b BFO to go with Mk3 intercity liveried coaches.:-[
Plenty of liveries to choose from, I know there were only 3 built but they got about a bit, especially after the disaster, oops! sorry! privatisation happened! :D

Cheers
Mark

Adam1701D

Quote from: scruff on February 07, 2024, 09:44:41 PM
Quote from: Adam1701D on February 07, 2024, 08:41:25 PMI believe the RFM and Open First have been heavily modified with windows removed and we do not produce the BFO. This would need to be a TGS with a little forgiveness.

Adam you know we NEED a mk3b BFO to go with Mk3 intercity liveried coaches.:-[
Plenty of liveries to choose from, I know there were only 3 built but they got about a bit, especially after the disaster, oops! sorry! privatisation happened! :D

Cheers
Mark

I 100% agree with you there, Mark. Unfortunately, I don't control the purse strings, so we will probably have to make do with a FO or TGS for now.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

Quote from: Ensign Elliott on February 07, 2024, 04:15:26 PMI'm very pleased to see a new tooled loco and wagon on this quarters' announcements, despite neither of them being in my era or region. Having had the sound fitted 47s three months ago, and no doubt more announcements in another three months time, I really think the "N Gauge is failing" moaners are talking nonsense. We've never had so many great manufacturers producing such a range of quality, detailed N Gauge models.

At least my Pre Order list now has Farish, Dapol, Revolution, Rapido, Sonic and NGS in it. It's not so long ago only the first two would have appeared.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations