The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Too late. Breakfast bar looks like an electronics workbench instead of something you eat off  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

You can eat your pizza/curry on the sofa - no need for a breakfast bar :)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: joe cassidy on November 25, 2018, 07:15:27 PM
You can eat your pizza/curry on the sofa - no need for a breakfast bar :)

:laughabovepost:

In my case on the floor in front of the TV, but the point is valid  ;D

Skyline2uk

weave

Hi all,

Not been on here before so apologies if been discussed before.

Last week we scrapped an old car that we used for taking the dogs to the common for walks. It was dying and beyond repair but was insured until the end of December.

We have just called the Insurance Company to let them know it was scrapped, possibly hoping for a refund for the next 6 weeks, only to be told that it would be £45 to cancel the policy. So, bit shocked, we said 'well, we'll just keep the policy, that we'd paid up front for a year, until it expires'.

'You can't do that now' it's company policy. 'If you don't pay we'll take you to court'.

'But if we hadn't told you, you would never of known. We were just being honest', we replied. 'Sorry, company policy'.

We spoke to a Manager, same response. Money grabbing  :censored:.

Fuming!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest and any ideas appreciated.

Cheers weave  :beers:

I feel like going down to the South Coast and sticking one in their eye if that gives you a clue to who they are. (Not sure if you can mention names on here).

guest311

day return to Hastings, direct, anyone  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: weave on November 26, 2018, 05:52:29 PM
Hi all,

Not been on here before so apologies if been discussed before.

Last week we scrapped an old car that we used for taking the dogs to the common for walks. It was dying and beyond repair but was insured until the end of December.

We have just called the Insurance Company to let them know it was scrapped, possibly hoping for a refund for the next 6 weeks, only to be told that it would be £45 to cancel the policy. So, bit shocked, we said 'well, we'll just keep the policy, that we'd paid up front for a year, until it expires'.

'You can't do that now' it's company policy. 'If you don't pay we'll take you to court'.

'But if we hadn't told you, you would never of known. We were just being honest', we replied. 'Sorry, company policy'.

We spoke to a Manager, same response. Money grabbing  :censored:.

Fuming!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest and any ideas appreciated.

Cheers weave  :beers:

I feel like going down to the South Coast and sticking one in their eye if that gives you a clue to who they are. (Not sure if you can mention names on here).

phone them back, and tell them that you are now going to SORN the vehicle, and so you need to retain your insurance.

ps, if you see any seagulls, shoot them in the eye with an arrow

dannyboy

A lot depends on the small print of course, but I would be inclined to call their bluff. Maybe seek some advice from Citizens Advice Bureau?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

I think, if you already told them that you have scrapped the car, that a SORN attempt will fail to alter their view. The CAB is worth a consult, but I suspect your best bet will be to appeal to the insurers once more - 'Manager' can just be a bottom level Team Leader these days - in writing to their MD or somesuch. After all, they wouldn't want you to make their hard-nosed intransigence too well known, now would they? ;) ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jimbo

I was under the impression you only get charged for cancelling the policy early if you paid Monthly by direct debit as then they would be losing out on some dosh!?!? That is outrageous if you've already paid the full amount for the Year up front!
In your case if you cancel the policy early then that's your choice, they're not losing anything, in fact, the risk to them is gone so they've gained in the deal already without charging you any extra! That's ridiculous!  :veryangry:.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

outofgauge

My company just renew on a monthly basis -on a direct debit format -if I cancel - they just run to the end of the month and leave it at that !!! Mind you  :veryangry: I've just changed from a 2.2 diesel honda crv circa 57 plate to a Nissan pocket rocket  16 petrol -2.5 yrs old worth 5 times the honda trade in value -and my insurance has gone down a load  ??? But then I've got 25 + years no claims and I'm still paying £290  A year ! (Should b a tenner in my view ):censored: Take it I'm propping up some young Muppet who has a noisy scuby-drives like a prat -and doors your car at the supermarket and just leaves ! Insurance companies just make it up as it happens -hoping you won't argue or read the fine print .

Rant over chaps
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

daffy

@weave  Sadly the wording of the policy booklet I'm looking at online on their website has this:

QuoteIf you or we cancel the policy at any other time, we will refund the part of the premium you have not used subject to our cancellation fee of £45, our arrangement fee of £20, our call centre arrangement fee of £12.50 (if applicable) and any charge made by the insurer.

If this is the same HD policy you have, this is why I believe your attempt to forstall a charge can realistically only be successful through goodwill on their part.

Hope you can sway them.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

grumbeast

Ok, very much a first world problem but....
we're converting our carport into a dance studio for my Daughter.  Have really good contractors, however.. they discovered a serious leak in the window at the back of the room (they we already in place before the start of the conversion).  They didn't get to fixing it on Friday, we're in the middle of potentially record breaking rainfall in the next few hours (possibly upto 70mm in 12 hours!) and one of our contractors guys quit this morning so he's not sure when they can get back to us grrrrr.   Not their fault, but the schedule's slipping and its gone from being finished by December to maybe finished by xmas (HAve to fix the problem, mud the drywall, lay the floor (I'm doing that), install the mirrors and do the finishing bits... very first world, but it was one of the few things that has ever gone well for us so far (even down to getting a really quality contractor)

grrrrrr again

Graham

Newportnobby

Just going back to HD a mo, I had a bad experience with them whilst sourcing motorcycle insurance and wouldn't touch 'em again with someone else's bargepole :veryangry:

Ian Bowden

I recently bought a new car. I went online with my existing insurance company (they drive yellow vans) and got a quote similar to my previous vehicle. When I rang to transfer the policy over I was told it would be half as much again. I told them I would just renew using the online quote and was told now you have spoken to us you will not be able to get the lower price online it is blocked.

emjaybee

Don't ever go straight to your existing insurer.

Every year I go through four different comparison sites. Once your 'profile' is set up on each site it only takes a few minutes each year to get a good set of fresh quotes. I rarely pay any more than the previous year.

There's no reason to be loyal to a company, they'll never be loyal to you.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77