How many loco's have you got?

Started by guest2, February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor Charon

Well, I've got too many.
Plus one that's a work in progress but nearly finished. And another that's a work in progress and barely started. (It's a 4-6-2+2-6-4 Garratt. It needs two new motors that I can connect without using the cardan shafts (so that's a little cross piece on the end of the shaft) and then a whole lotta stuff making out of plasticard. And some more cutting off the chassis (which are a pair of Dapol Britannias) And I've got another couple that just need minor cosmetic tweeks... (oh, one of them needs chipping)
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

poliss

Here are most of mine. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/Poliss_album/Layout%20Stock/?start=all
The Athearn Big Boy and a couple of others are missing as I had probs with my camera. :-(

D306Whistler

I have 16 in my fleet I think alot of them are Continental and Japanese, but I have a few British locos as well which is more closer to home ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

tadpole

Poliss - good idea having a photographic record like that, could be useful in event (heaven forbid) of having to make an insurance claim. I have an excel file, but that probably wouldn't satisfy a distrustful loss adjuster.

we should all do that. asap.
Two rails good. Three better.

zwilnik

I just took photos of my stock today as I realised I was buying stuff while getting my layout back up and running without really thinking what I've got already.

So apart from giving me a useful insurance record I can take a look at the photos when I'm tempted to go on e-bay and help control the urge to bid on something that looks a good deal :)

quinntopia

QuoteI just took photos of my stock today as I realised I was buying stuff while getting my layout back up and running without really thinking what I've got already.

Its funny, that happened to me...it sort of creeps up on you!  I number all of my locomotives for some purpose having to do with assigning DCC CV's, but last year when I basically put everything away to work on the layout, I was at #18...somehow in the past year I've gotten up to well over #30!  I may need help!  :P

Ollie3440

I'm in the 50+ group for locos and Units! I've only been doing N Gauge for 6 odd years lol

62 is my number splitting down to the following: 34 Steam, 5 DMU's and 23 Diesel (All british Outline)

But to be more specific.....

Steam
Thomas
Henry
James
Percy
5 x Terriers
3 x Panniers
2 x Large Prairies
4 x Small Prairies (Both versions)
Manor
Hall
Autotank 14 xx
9F (Dapol)
Collett Goods
B1 (Farish)
Black 5 (new tooled)
Royal Scot
Jubilee (Farish)
A4
Jinty
8F (Sound Fitted)
4F
Ivatt 2MT (Minitrix)
GP Tank (Old Farish)
4MT Tank

Diesel
6 x Class 67 (4 are Dummy's)
4 x Class 66 (Dapol, 1 Dummy)
Class 66 (Farish)
2 x Class 60
4 x Class 73
2 x Class 14
Class 57
2 x Class 20 (Sound Fitted as a fixed pair)
Class 08

DMU
Class 153
Class 108
Class 220
Class 221
Class 150 (Sound Fitted)

As for rolling stock, well.....
70 Coaches and 171 Wagons. (and still not enough :P )

Is that enough?? Nah not yet :P given this year's announcements this list will be growing!!

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Mustermark

Quote from: Mustermark on February 28, 2011, 09:16:19 PM
When the postie makes it over here from the UK with my parcel from Trains_4U :thumbsup: I will have a total of 14 :GraFar: Westerns :-[.  That will be about a third of my collection.  Some are still waiting to be renamed ::).  I promised my wife I would stop now :angel:, but secretly I would love to get the set of 74!!! :evil:

Postie made it here with my parcel containing 5 renamed Westerns and I now have 14 altogether! :thumbsup:  I know I said I would stop, but I couldn't help bidding on the last one from Trains4u's collection. :smiley-laughing: ;D

Does anyone know when the Dapol Westerns come out?

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

michael

A yard with 74 Westerns in would look fantastic! You should do it  :evil:

tadpole

14 westerns?
mustermark you are clearly suffering from Hydraulic Addiction Syndrome Variant 52.
You need help, as it can lead to bankruptcy.
Try: iveonlygotfourteenwherecanigettheothersixtyfrom.com

Mustermark

Hi tadpole, I've tried therapy, hypnosis and even modern image stuff, but I just love Westerns :smiley-laughing:.  They are what I remember from my trainspotting days at the age of 11 or 12.  But it's a bit mad in N gauge because you can't tell them apart without a magnifying glass!  I will have my own version of Laira in my diesel depot.  I don't need too much encouragement from mikebillabong!

I think the baffled look on my wife's face said it all...  "But they're all the same!?"  "No, they've all got different names."  Sounded a bit lame when I said it and she just looked at me and shrugged.  But then she can't tell a BR Blue Western from a BR Blue 47!  She's still going to get me Western Venturer for my birthday when Dapol release it - I have already pre-ordered it from Hattons :thumbsup:.

tadpole

Do they all look the same? There's a huge variety of livery (maroon, green, desert sand, blue) and warning panel size combinations.

I have to say I prefer the Poole ones to the current ones. There's something funny about the cab windows on the new ones.

I have very fond memories of these too. Although warships thundered past our village, I had to go to reading for my western fix.

Mustermark

Nope, they are all BR Blue except Fusilier's original incarnation in maroon - D1023 was the only Western outshopped in the month I was born.  That one is just for show really as I'm modelling 1973-75 by which time they were all blue.

longbridge

I actually have eight locos six of which have just had their body shells destroyed in order to build my own designed locos, other than that I have one German and one Spanish diesel that are awaiting some minor modifications.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

michael

your own designed locos? Id be interested to see some pics?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations