The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Tank on October 14, 2011, 10:30:49 AM
Still, I'm sure some stores just put out the reduced items in any fashion like you say.

Well hopefully this one will now stop. Seems a nice man from the council went to see them today 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

poliss

Just got back from the chemist to pick up a prescription. The young woman serving was chewing gum and another worker was drinking from a bottle of water in the area where prescriptions are dispensed.

Newportnobby

My mum has been informed by her insurance company that any enquiry about making a claim will be actually registered as a claim even if she then confirms she will not proceed with making a claim. Money grabbing bu**ers or what :o

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on October 14, 2011, 06:41:11 PM
My mum has been informed by her insurance company that any enquiry about making a claim will be actually registered as a claim even if she then confirms she will not proceed with making a claim. Money grabbing bu**ers or what :o

So enquire about enquiring to make a claim and see
http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sithlord75

Gee I hate eBayers who won't ship international - even when you PM them.  One bloke reckons it is because the postage is too high - but he doesn't pay it, I do.  As it happens, I would have won the auction (well I assume - what I was willing to pay was almost twice what the item went for) so silly git missed out both ways - and I sent him a message to tell him that too.

So does anyone have a Bachmann 65' Combine sitting around which they are happy to send to Australia?  The 3 I found on eBay USA won't send them down here, and I got the only one I could find on eBay Australia.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Bikeracer

Hi,

Next time you need something like that I'd be happy to get it for you and send it on for what it costs and total postage.
Just PM me the details.

Regards,Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

longbridge

Quote from: Sithlord75 on October 15, 2011, 04:27:25 AM
Gee I hate eBayers who won't ship international - even when you PM them.  One bloke reckons it is because the postage is too high - but he doesn't pay it, I do.  As it happens, I would have won the auction (well I assume - what I was willing to pay was almost twice what the item went for) so silly git missed out both ways - and I sent him a message to tell him that too.

So does anyone have a Bachmann 65' Combine sitting around which they are happy to send to Australia?  The 3 I found on eBay USA won't send them down here, and I got the only one I could find on eBay Australia.

My Mates second hand shop in Brizzy has 2 x SantaFe 65ft combines but from memory they are Lima or ConCor, $10 each.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Dock Shunter

Hello Fella's...........

I'm quite an easy going bloke.....try not to let things get to me too much,but tonight i am seriously
p@#$$d off.
Had my 121s on pre order at Hattons and yesterday had an email to say they were in stock and would be shipped that afternoon.
I had chosen next day AM delivery and was informed they would be delivered next day before 12 noon by Yodel.
Anyway i was up bright and early this morning 12 noon came and went....got to about 4.30 still no parcel
so i called yodel to ask where it was....."it's on the van and will be delivered today".(what happened to the AM delivery i paid for)?.....
5.30 no parcel so i go online to track the status of the parcel and there is a message saying 17.05 no answer......left a card.
Now i have literally sat by the front door all day waiting..my dog barks when anyone walks past the house and goes mad when anyone knocks...my brother and sister in law where here when he was supposed to have tried to deliver the parcel......no one has knocked and no card has been left.I call Yodel to tell them my parcel has not been delivered and they ask me for the ref no.....what ref no i ask......the ref no on the card the driver left..... ??? ??? ???
To be honest the fact that i haven't got my 121s is not why i am angry...it's the fact that this driver has barefaced lied by saying he knocked and got no answer...i cant stand liars... >:( >:( >:(
But he knows that in the end it would be my word against his and that really p@##es me off.....
Has anyone else had any bad experiences with this joke of a courier company...?
Anyway sorry to go on a bit but i needed to get it off my chest........
OH and it's going to be Thursday before i get my 121s

Tank

Sorry to hear that!  Funnily enough we had trouble with Yodel at my work yesterday.  The driver had arrived after the gates were closed, so rather than take the delivery back to the depot he climbed the 5ft gate, walked the 50 metres up the drive to the delivery room door, and left the parcel outside.  Well it rained hard last night, and the text books inside the box are soaking and ruined!!!!!

4x2

Quote from: Dock Shunter on October 25, 2011, 08:55:28 PM
Hello Fella's...........

I'm quite an easy going bloke.....try not to let things get to me too much,but tonight i am seriously
p@#$$d off.
Had my 121s on pre order at Hattons and yesterday had an email to say they were in stock and would be shipped that afternoon.
I had chosen next day AM delivery and was informed they would be delivered next day before 12 noon by Yodel.
Anyway i was up bright and early this morning 12 noon came and went....got to about 4.30 still no parcel
so i called yodel to ask where it was....."it's on the van and will be delivered today".(what happened to the AM delivery i paid for)?.....
5.30 no parcel so i go online to track the status of the parcel and there is a message saying 17.05 no answer......left a card.
Now i have literally sat by the front door all day waiting..my dog barks when anyone walks past the house and goes mad when anyone knocks...my brother and sister in law where here when he was supposed to have tried to deliver the parcel......no one has knocked and no card has been left.I call Yodel to tell them my parcel has not been delivered and they ask me for the ref no.....what ref no i ask......the ref no on the card the driver left..... ??? ??? ???
To be honest the fact that i haven't got my 121s is not why i am angry...it's the fact that this driver has barefaced lied by saying he knocked and got no answer...i cant stand liars... >:( >:( >:(
But he knows that in the end it would be my word against his and that really p@##es me off.....
I've heard a few complaints about yodel, makes me nervous about ordering from hattons... I've not ordered anything since they've changed over (not because of yodel, just haven't seen anything i need) so i can't say if it's good or bad.
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

SymonC

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on October 25, 2011, 09:07:01 PM
Hello Fella's...........

p@#$$d off.
I've heard a few complaints about yodel, makes me nervous about ordering from hattons... I've not ordered anything since they've changed over (not because of yodel, just haven't seen anything i need) so i can't say if it's good or bad.

You can select delivery by Royal mail from Hattons, you don't have to have Yodel deliver.

4x2

That's worth knowing... Thanks SymonC !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

longbridge

Hello Fella's...........

p@#$$d off.

Easy to understand why people get cranky, all this buying on line is great but it seems many people are put off by the delivery methods.
I worked in the Post Office as a postie from 1965 to 1989 and would be very hesitant buying on line because of the things I have seen.
One minor example was  a postman who refused to take a 12inch LP record up to the door for delivery instead he leaned it against a brick wall, the people complained so next time they got a record delivered he snapped it in half and shoved it into their letterbox.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: SymonC on October 25, 2011, 09:08:28 PM

You can select delivery by Royal mail from Hattons, you don't have to have Yodel deliver.

I always choose Royal Mail delivery but for some reason there was no option for next day delivery
from Royal Mail.. just the standard delivery.Being a bit impatient and wanting my 121s the next day i went for the AM delivery......more fool me as it will now be Thursday before i get them...

Bikeracer

The same thing with Yodel happened to me in August.

I went to track the package and it stated that a card had been left,phoned Hattons up and got Yodels number,rang them and told them the driver had been nowhere near.
They must have got in touch with the driver because he delivered it about 2 o'clock with the excuse that he was running late and couldn't get here before 12 o'clock,bet he wasn't happy when his office contacted him and he had to come back with the package anyway.

As others have said,it's probably best to choose the royal mail option,I know I will so as not to get a late Yodel delivery from their lying unreliable drivers.
Hattons are aware of the problem but probably get the cheapest rate from Yodel.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations