disposal of surplus items

Started by guest311, August 08, 2019, 01:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

you may well be right, just looked at Hattons, and they had a pre-owned mk.1, the old printed side one, at £15, but I am sure all of mine are the later versions with handrails etc.
let's be honest, it's down to individuals to decide if they are willing to pay a price, wherever it is. If an item doesn't sell here, then I'll either keep it on roster, or list it on ebay.
just searched there for 'graham farish mk.1 carriage' and the first two listings were BIN with free postage at £25.99.

no one has to buy any of my items, if they do then both I and the forum benefit, if they don't then I've lost nothing but some time, and the forum is the sole loser.

crewearpley40

ideally would prefer to sell as a rake - 8 x carriages at 8 x £15 = £90, 8 x forum donations of £2.50 = £20 plus p&p of £4.00 total £114

thats a bargain if maths is right.

guest311

Quote from: crewearpley40 on August 12, 2019, 06:14:44 PM
ideally would prefer to sell as a rake - 8 x carriages at 8 x £15 = £90, 8 x forum donations of £2.50 = £20 plus p&p of £4.00 total £114

thats a bargain if maths is right.

oooops  :dunce:
8 x 15 is £120 .

must go stand in the corner  :-[

so should read then
8 x carriages at 8 x £15 = £120, 8 x forum donations of £2.50 = £20 plus p&p of £4.00 total £144

memo to self 1. stop trying to do several things at the same time
memo to self 2. engage brain before typing

guest311

updated list to save people having to go back through the posts ;

item 1 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 2 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 3 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 4 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds

item 7 - 37251 - BR blue - weathered - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds

item 10 - 47403 - BR blue - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 11 - 47535 - large logo blue grey roof - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds under offer

item 14 - 47701 - BR blue grey roof - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
                           Saint Andrew
item 15 - 47710 - Scotrail - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
                           Sir Walter Scott

assuming item 11, at present under offer [photos sent] moves to the sold list, then at the halfway mark, with the forum richer, when all payments made, by £40. thank you to all members who have supported this thread.

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on August 10, 2019, 04:23:48 PM
while test running, listing and heart wrenching decisions continue on the Farish 37 and 47 front,
I have identified three Dapol locos which are definitely cleared for disposal, so to start the ball rolling ...

Dapol class 22 BR blue with full yellow ends - unboxed - #1 - £80 incl p&p and a £5 donation to forum.
Dapol class 22 BR blue with full yellow ends - unboxed - #2 - £80 incl p&p and a £5 donation to forum.
Dapol class 22 BR blue with full yellow ends - unboxed - #3 - £80 incl p&p and a £5 donation to forum.

this link to Hattons shows the DCC fitted version, these are not fitted.
https://www.hattons.co.uk/74798/dapol_2d_012_014d_class_22_diesel_locomotive_d6315_in_br_blue_pre_tops_font_numbering_dcc_fitted/stockdetail.aspx

please note that after some comment re methods of payments, I've decided to include the forum donation in the asking price, and this will then be passed on with a note of the buyer and item. this may make life easier for those not using paypal.

hopefully I will have the loco listing ready sometime tomorrow.

any interest in the class 22s please PM me.

no interest in these shown, so withdrawing from disposals list.

guest311

due in part to
1. SWMBO being ill this week,
2. my totally underestimating how much would be involved in the coaching stock listing  :-[

I have already received several queries re coaching stock, so I have decided that it may well be easier all round if anyone looking for stock PMs me with their requirements, and I will check my rakes to see if I can supply.

mk.1 stock will be blue / grey - BSK / BCK / SK / CK / FK / SO / RMB / SLF / SLEP / TPO etc
GUVs and CCTs BR blue or Red Star [CCT]
mk.3 stock is mostly Dapol, with Farish sleepers, again all blue / grey, with some ScotRail mk.3s.

listing rakes may well not offer the 'tailored' requirement people have, so a request of 'have you got mk.1 BSK + SK + SK + RMB + CK + BG'  may be a better way to go.
if requesting stock, can you please say if you are looking for different numbers, or if you are happy to take multiples of numbers.

pricing - looking for £2.50 forum donation per carriage, £16 per carriage, plus £4 per order UK recorded 2nd class Royal Mail.

and, once again, STOCK IS STORED IN JB MODELS FOAM TRAYS, AND IS NOT BOXED.

crewearpley40

thanks - final question . if not boxed and in foam trays, how secure will packaging be please as concerns with royal mail processing / handling - will items be in a box you can but at the post office, wrapping. thanks

will items be sent signed for / recorded ?

guest311

as per previous posts, will be sent by Royal Mail 2nd class recorded delivery.

still awaiting the arrival of the boxes, but each item will be individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then the box filled to ensure no room for movement.

of course, if near sussex you could collect !

where a member orders a number of items, I may pack in surplus JB trays IF THIS IS A BETTER OPTION for protection.

guest311

again, AS PER PREVIOUS POSTS,

all locos have been tested, before packing will again be tested, and results sent to buyer before despatch.

I note that you have NOT shown any interest in any items so for.

lastly, who is the WE in "we have had lots of queries / thoughts" ?

if any prospective buyer has a question, they would be better off directing it to me, not sure how you have got involved in this process.

guest311

IF anyone has any concerns re packing, postage, testing, whether funds are going to the forum, etc can they please direct them either to me, or to Tank or one of the mods.

guest311

updated list to save people having to go back through the posts ;

item 2 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 3 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 4 - 37407 - large logo blue - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds

item 7 - 37251 - BR blue - weathered - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds

item 10 - 47403 - BR blue - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 11 - 47535 - large logo blue grey roof - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
item 12 - 47711 - large logo blue grey roof - £80 including p&p and £5 donation to forum
item 14 - 47701 - BR blue grey roof - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
                           Saint Andrew
item 15 - 47710 - Scotrail - £85 including p&p and £5 donation to forum funds
                           Sir Walter Scott

guest311

many thanks to all of you who have purchased, and paid, from the loco list and also coaching stock.

donation of £85 just made, which should sustain the forum for a while.

alan

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on August 14, 2019, 03:07:00 PM
due in part to
1. SWMBO being ill this week,
2. my totally underestimating how much would be involved in the coaching stock listing  :-[

I have already received several queries re coaching stock, so I have decided that it may well be easier all round if anyone looking for stock PMs me with their requirements, and I will check my rakes to see if I can supply.

mk.1 stock will be blue / grey - BSK / BCK / SK / CK / FK / SO / RMB / SLF / SLEP / TPO etc
GUVs and CCTs BR blue or Red Star [CCT]
mk.3 stock is mostly Dapol, with Farish sleepers, again all blue / grey, with some ScotRail mk.3s.

listing rakes may well not offer the 'tailored' requirement people have, so a request of 'have you got mk.1 BSK + SK + SK + RMB + CK + BG'  may be a better way to go.
if requesting stock, can you please say if you are looking for different numbers, or if you are happy to take multiples of numbers.

pricing - looking for £2.50 forum donation per carriage, £16 per carriage, plus £4 per order UK recorded 2nd class Royal Mail.

and, once again, STOCK IS STORED IN JB MODELS FOAM TRAYS, AND IS NOT BOXED.

update .
all ScotRail mk.3s now heading to new home.

guest311

have found a further rake of mk.1s, in Regional scheme, the latest type with NEM coupling pockets.

unusually, all are boxed.

rake comprises 1 x FK [ 374-167], 1 x BSK [ 374-194 ], 4 x TSOs [ 374-017 ]

anyone interested please PM me.

update ;
now en route to new depot

Tank

I wish to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Alan and everyone who has bought from him.  The donations will be wonderful for the forum and its upkeep.  Very kind of you. :thumbsup: :thankyousign:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations