N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudders

Quote from: cudders on September 04, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Just ordered the first six editions. See what they are like.

Like most I don't bother with the OO mags and also not keen on the NG Journal and let my subscription lapse a few years back.

Hoping these are a good read,

Cudders

Hi all,

How long do these take to come??

Ordered on the 4th, confirmation email on the 5th and still nothing!

I've emailed them but nothing back yet.

Cudders

Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Tank

Mine was set for dispatch on the 5th, but still nothing at present.  Glad I'm not alone!  The last order I made I wasn't on their list.

Newportnobby

Not making excuses for them but maybe holidays??

dannyboy

Quote from: dannyboy on September 01, 2017, 08:14:44 PM
C'mon - where is my copy?

Whilst at TINGS I spoke to Howard (?) and collected my copy from him. Apparently there was a slight hiccough sending out copies to the few subscribers, (me included), who do not live in the UK. He did say that they would be sent out this week, so hopefully, those of you not in the UK will either have your copy now, or it is on the way.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

As an apology for the continuing lateness of the N Gauge Now mag, I have today received my free copy of their 2017/18 Directory of N Gauge Locomotives, and interesting reading it is too.

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on September 28, 2017, 04:16:10 PM
As an apology for the continuing lateness of the N Gauge Now mag, I have today received my free copy of their 2017/18 Directory of N Gauge Locomotives, and interesting reading it is too.
I just got a copy of that. Is it not part of the subscription? There was no note in the envelope to explain otherwise.
As you say though - interesting little document.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on September 28, 2017, 04:22:37 PM
Is it not part of the subscription?

I think it is, Bob, but is by way of an apology to subscribers for delays.

oreamnos

I subscribed when this magazine was first announced but for reasons I never understood the publisher had a devil of a time posting issues to the USA even though I paid the extra required for overseas postage with my subscription.  I think I received one issue in the span of several months.  However, Mr. Foy was polite and professional when I cancelled my subscription and he refunded the balance of what I had paid.

It was a bit of a shame since I liked the issue I did receive.

Matt

Tank

I received an email of apology from Howard and he has sent me the current issues I was due, including the fantastic directory. :thumbsup:

signalman1

Never heard of this mag. Can someone please post a link to the subscription page.

:thankyousign:

Tank

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on September 29, 2017, 05:57:24 PM
I received an email of apology from Howard and he has sent me the current issues I was due, including the fantastic directory. :thumbsup:

Glad they've brought you up to date, Tank :thumbsup:

oreamnos

I am amused that a picture I took in 2012 and posted to RMweb (post #68) here:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12615-union-mills/page-3

of the Union Mills Southern 700 class is on the cover of the "Directory of N Gauge Locomotives" advertised here:
http://www.ngaugemodelling.co.uk/

I would have happily given permission to use the photo but it would have been nice to have been asked first!

Matt

carpy

personally i think it is not good value for money   i purchased one at tings , upon reading it i thought that it is only of interest to rivet counters etc. i am newish to railways real and modelling. i have had a steep learning curve over the last 9  years since starting,what with buying rm and brm  and various books and  peco  booklets  etc.  at my age at 75  i do not need to find out more than via these magazines and the great reading i have obtained from this wonderful forum

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations