Storm Dennis A380 Landing!

Started by Mr Sprue, February 16, 2020, 09:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonHarbour

The Emirati lady A380 pilot for Etihad  (Aisha Al-Mansouri) is an absolute poster-girl in the UAE. Why wouldn't she be?  She's a great example for the country and its attitude to women in the workforce. There's an interesting article from the Gulf News newspaper here. When I worked there (roughly 20 years ago  :goggleeyes: ), female Emiratis were only starting to make their way into the workforce. The ones I worked with were every bit as good as their male counterparts and were probably a little keener - they wanted to 'prove' they could do the job well - and they did!

There were some interesting side effects of them entering the work force. When I was single, none of them would speak to me directly in case their reputation was questioned - if they need to speak to me, they always brought a 'chaperone' with them! Once the word got out I was getting married, their attitude changed completely, since I was now considered 'safe'!
Still planning a layout...

Bob Tidbury

Sorry Mr Sprue I thought he was a pilot with Eliad it was quite a few years ago and I don't have his message to me with flight details .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations