The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

point blank

Quote from: Bikeracer on February 09, 2012, 01:29:15 PM
i recently had an operation under general anaesthetic and was told not to drive for 48 hours,something to do with insurance I was told.I knew you shouldn't drive home or use public transport immediately after an operation using a general anaesthetic.

Allan
My wife picked me up after being discharged, thankfully the bus ride was just to get there to save her the trouble of nipping out of work and running me.

point blank

Quote from: polo2k on February 09, 2012, 01:41:22 PM
speaking from experiance, within 48 Hours of a general anestetic, dont bother with a Prodigy concert. Didnt enjoy it as much as I would have liked.

And my wife thought it was just me that was mad, let me explain....
I got discharged at 1930 four hours after my gallbladder removed, and we went straight to the Opera House to watch Sarah Millican which we booked last year.
Going to see a funny comedian when your insides are killing you, you feel sick and are fighting to stop awake is not the best idea of fun. But if I am honest I am glad that I went.

polo2k

But isnt it surprising how effective a couple of beers are!
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

point blank

Quote from: polo2k on February 09, 2012, 02:37:52 PM
But isnt it surprising how effective a couple of beers are!
Unfortunately sips of water were all that I could manage  ::)

polo2k

probably for the best given the effect even lager has shortly after!

(and while were on the subject, dont have a curry, after a concert, the day after having wisdom teeth out!)

Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Kipper

Main reason for not driving a car, after internal operations, is so that you don't rearrange your innards when the stitches give up under the G-force of an emergency stop. How they know that the bus/taxi/neighbour/other half will get you home, without having to brake hard, defeats me. I am due yet another op on my throat, and have to return to the hospital for the stitches to be removed two days later. To avoid unnecessary travel, I will be put up for free in the attached hotel (where expectant fathers can stay) for those two days. NHS rules OK (makes a change).  :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Kipper on February 09, 2012, 03:04:36 PM
How they know that the bus/taxi/neighbour/other half will get you home, without having to brake hard, defeats me.

I think the theory is that if they find you in bits after an emergency stop they can take you back to casualty !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Having had 2 hernia operations in the last 10 years (one for lifting a very heavy air guitar and the other for raising an eyebrow), I can vouch for the 'don't drive' instruction. Trouble is my sister picked me up from the last one in her Audi TT. By the time I had coiled myself into/out of it I was almost volunteering to go back to hospital. :(

Bikeracer

To avoid unnecessary travel, I will be put up for free in the attached hotel (where expectant fathers can stay) for those two days. NHS rules OK (makes a change).  :thumbsup:

If it's the hotel at the City hospital,it's excellent.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

tadpole

Quote from: newportnobby on February 09, 2012, 03:20:34 PM
Having had 2 hernia operations in the last 10 years (one for lifting a very heavy air guitar and the other for raising an eyebrow), I can vouch for the 'don't drive' instruction. Trouble is my sister picked me up from the last one in her Audi TT. By the time I had coiled myself into/out of it I was almost volunteering to go back to hospital. :(

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Those pesky air guitars can be suprisingly heavy!

as for this guy:  :-\
both eyebrows at once - owch!
Two rails good. Three better.

Kipper

Quote from: Bikeracer on February 09, 2012, 04:58:42 PM

To avoid unnecessary travel, I will be put up for free in the attached hotel (where expectant fathers can stay) for those two days. NHS rules OK (makes a change).  :thumbsup:

If it's the hotel at the City hospital,it's excellent.

Allan

That's the one. Hope it's not full up when I (eventually) get my op date.

Bikeracer

You'll have to check,but I think food in the cafeteria is free as well.

Your own room,TV,en suite bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities,.......does your wife know your an expectant father,or is it something best kept from her. ;D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Kipper

Hmm, that's a thought. Do they do double rooms? I fancy my next nipper being called "City", as per Beck and Posh's brat naming method, (as long as my stitches don't burst in the process!).  :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Watching England vs Italy.....I can't believe England let Italy get that second try!!!! >:(

Lawrence

I can't believe England have won their first 2 matches  :o

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations