what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Town Trev

Just finishing wiring up 3 Digitrax DS52 decoders for my Kato Unitrack small GWR layout. I am doing a small DCC layout. Nice to work in the study rather than the garage - it is the first day of Spring over here today. :) cheers Trev

Sprintex

Be nice to see some :camera: Trev ;)

Yesterday I finished wiring up the two-part lighting rig for the layout by chopping up some extra-long kettle leads :)

Today I have (mostly!) been drilling stupidly small holes in bits of microstrip  :goggleeyes:

Paul

Dorsetmike

Bored some holes then passed the wiring to the turntable through, then fed them across to the edge of the layout, surveyed where to run the wire in tube for the points on the extension.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Oldman

Nothing, busy trying to research suitable  narrow gauge wagon works  (Not Welsh  Slate railways) for the next little project.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Dorsetmike

Trying to get a few things sorted to take to TINGS, and checking the bank balance to see how what I'd like to spend compares to what I can afford to spend. Charging camera batteries, formatting CF cards  for the camera. Getting some sleep in to compensate for a rather early start on Saturday 

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

mereman

Looking at a box of track and then at my "plan" then at the base board. I would start but don't want to disturb the cat who's fast asleep on the base board.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

johnlambert

I've been fitting more of my stock with Dapol magnetic couplings.  It is surprising how often you can get away with pairs of short couplings even when running through first radius reverse curves.  Having done this I've had great fun just shunting wagons between sidings.

Skyline2uk

Hello all,

Not sure if this counts as work "on my layout", but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.

Anyway, as I mentioned on the TINGS thread, when I got home last week, Mrs Skyline had got all my model mags out and suggested we go through them and file away all the useful bits.

:worried:

After a week of doing about an hour a day I have finished this job today and am quite happy with my new "Reference folder". Also quite amazed with how much recycling I have generated from bits of the magazines which are just adverts!

Hey ho, sadly that's all the "Modelling" I have time for right now.

Stay happy  :)

Skyline2uk

Dorsetmike

In a word Nowt, me back's playing up so I'm not going to aggravate for a day or two. Even kept away from the work bench where an S&D 7F is taking shape.

I shall now go and assume the horizontal.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

1936ace

Finally getting a moment to get back into it, further enthused by the fact I got the main bit being Barts end sorted.
On a annoyed note, the guy who bought one of my fire engines has changed his mind so I have that to sort out now so maybe my chance to get back into might be a false start
Oh well
Bart

mereman

At the moment I'm trying to work myself up to fitting another point motor. But as I now have a working oval afraid I'm playing with some trains :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

texhorse

Presently, I'm building two warehouses for the backdrop at Blue Haven.  One will supply motorcycle parts, the other will store building supplies.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

port perran

Nothing at all !
In the middle of a four week break whilst we have visitors.
Layout stowed under the bed and stock in their boxes.
Looking forward to "having a run round" again soon.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Roy L S

Not for my layout, but I am in the process of finishing the platform building for our Club Layout "Rugby Central". This will be making it's debut in a nearly finished state at our show at Cottesloe School Wing on 12th October (Unashamed plug - see www.tdmrc.co.uk).

We will be grouping the n Gauge layouts together to showcase the scale, and also coming will be "Engaine Cum Hardy" (See current RM), Cucknoe (A simple but very atmospheric Eastern Region Cross Country line in the 1950s), Aust Warth (For blue Diesel fans) and more..

Anyway, back to Rugby Central, after much research, gnashing of teeth and hours... see media file...

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=4

Roy

dodger112958

I was hoping to give my two baseboards a couple of coats of clear varnish today, after completing the screwing and glueing yesterday. However, the wind and rain means they will have to sit in the shed. :(
Trouble is, it gives me time to peruse that  >:D auction site and I have already bought a Coronation Class today.
Ian
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations