So You've Succumbed........ And Had To Buy.................?

Started by mickeyflinn, December 13, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Not on my pre order list but I had to have the new Farish 4F after seeing all the pics on the forum and in mags :laugh3:

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on March 24, 2015, 06:30:37 PM
Just bought a second hand prototype Deltic from Cheltenham model centre - near new for £80 and a 3 month warranty. - Couldn't resist.
In my trainspotting days I remember seeing this good looking diesel (strong words from a steam buff!!) thundering through Hornsey station on the way to or from Kings Cross - just had to have it for my in progress preserved railway.
:)
Hey Ho!! - Just received phone call from Cheltenham Model Centre saying Deltic has buffer missing. So cancelled order. What a disappointment. Still, I know where I can get another 'nearly new' Deltic for a little more cash. Or maybe I'll just save the cash for a pre-ordered item (if any eventually materialise that is!!)
:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Westbury

Quote from: ten0G on March 24, 2015, 01:53:24 PM

Hi Westbury  :),

Hope you've had no problems with the set. 

Can you tell me the running numbers of the coaches, please?  I'm wondering if I should succumb or not, and whether the set would fit in with my ideas.   :hmmm:

Thanks in advance,

Tennoji

No problems at all, did remove the DCC chip to run the loco in then put it back in as I do with any DCC fitted loco I get. Running numbers for the Mk1 coaches are:

SO W3791
BCK W21080

Cheers ...

mika

Quote from: newportnobby on March 24, 2015, 09:23:30 PM
Not on my pre order list but I had to have the new Farish 4F after seeing all the pics on the forum and in mags :laugh3:

Same here, although I opted for the 'Seaside Excursion' set which I can collect from the post office this very afternoon. :claphappy:
Now waiting for the 'Cumbrian Mountain' set to arrive...

Jerry Howlett

Peedie Models new chimney pots !!

Decided that the vast array of card kits need something different to the cocktail stick chimleys.  Next I will be buying the soundtrack from Mary Poppins, cue Dick van Dyke......

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on March 25, 2015, 03:08:22 PM
  Next I will be buying the soundtrack from Mary Poppins, cue Dick van Dyke......

Jerry

Make sure it's the digitally remastered version, Jerry :-X

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations