Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westie7

Yea you are right they are MK2 rather than MK2A (Not that it has bothered Farish in the past, although differences are minor)
The MK2 TSO came from the Old push pull rake which was kept on as they were unsure how reliable the DBSO would be. When reliability was better than expected they  formed the TSO with a DBSO and used them on various services. After the MK2e/d rakes arrived you were more likely to see the coaches used to strengthen the trains.

There were 5 Mk2 TSO (5146,5152,5153,5176,5197) in Scotrail and an oddball FK (13424) from the same rake which was repainted just in time to be scrapped.

The BG were introduced for the launch of the Glasgow-Aberdeen service but wandered on to the Edinburgh-Aberdeen turns and as use declined were scattered about the UK. Seen pictures of them in Transpennine Rake and Parcels trains in Cornwall.

[/quote]

Cheers, not far off with the 6 then :D

Aiming for this

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnoram/8398838740/in/faves-87769016@N04/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbg06003/26943154392/in/faves-87769016@N04/

Rgds
Mark

PLD

Quote from: jthjth on January 15, 2019, 08:47:15 AM
I'm no great fan of sound fitted locos in N, but I wouldn't want to deny it to those that want it. However (slightly tongue in cheek) I'd ban it at exhibitions. At TINGS this year there was a layout with sound fitted locos next to mine. After a couple of hours it becomes REALLY annoying, especially with locos sat still emitting idling engine sounds. It is a bit like how I might imagine suffering from tinitus to be. For me it comes under the heading of "just because you can doesn't mean you should." However, each to their own - as this is what model railways is all about.
Yes - the worst is the 'Sounds' from the fiddle-yard full of locos "heard but not seen" The fiddle yard represents the rest of the world - those trains should be many miles away out of hearing range and not competing with the on-stage locos - When they go off stage please PLEASE mute them!!!

PLD

Quote from: gc4946 on January 14, 2019, 06:12:36 PMIt appears that no 3-car class 101s are being planned (is it now too expensive to offer a centre car?)

I'm glad that the Voyager is being re-run although I'd shudder at its price when they reach the shops.

Guess not if they can do a Voyager which has two (different!) centre cars...

nookfield

Quote from: PLD on January 15, 2019, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: gc4946 on January 14, 2019, 06:12:36 PMIt appears that no 3-car class 101s are being planned (is it now too expensive to offer a centre car?)

I'm glad that the Voyager is being re-run although I'd shudder at its price when they reach the shops.

Guess not if they can do a Voyager which has two (different!) centre cars...

But there are very few parts to assemble for the voyager centre cars compared to a Class 101 centre car.

red_death

Doh! My bad - I'd not read properly that there was both the mk1 as well as the mk2 packs coming in green and cream! Apologies for the confusion.

njee20

Quote from: acko22 on January 15, 2019, 05:53:17 PM
Just checking up when it was transfered to Arriva XC the name was removed so by all accounts it is right to presume that it is Revised Virgin livery

But surely that means it's just original Virgin livery? My assumption would be that revised would be either the grey doors or the red silk livery they've just rolled out, but it can't be either as they were never applied to a 220 AFAIK.

jacowin80

Quote from: njee20 on January 15, 2019, 09:44:45 PM
Just checking up when it was transfered to Arriva XC the name was removed so by all accounts it is right to presume that it is Revised Virgin livery

But surely that means it's just original Virgin livery? My assumption would be that revised would be either the grey doors or the red silk livery they've just rolled out, but it can't be either as they were never applied to a 220 AFAIK.

when I first looked at the announcements I thought that the revised was the tooling (or more revised body)  are we still going to get the major blacked out windows?

nookfield

Quote from: jacowin80 on January 15, 2019, 10:06:06 PM
Quote from: njee20 on January 15, 2019, 09:44:45 PM

when I first looked at the announcements I thought that the revised was the tooling (or more revised body)  are we still going to get the major blacked out windows?

Looks like it from the picture on the Bachmann website

njee20

I'm sure if it was a revised tooling it wouldn't be the very last item on the list, and I'm not sure it needs revising, although all of mine are rather sluggish, so a new motor wouldn't go amiss!

It looks like a straight re-release of the original Virgin model with a new running number, which seems eminently sensible given second hand values. That said, with the new one being £215 at Hatton's, and potentially rising, I'm not sure it'll do anything to second hand sales except push them up further as there's a new market rate for the new ones.

AdrianC

One thing that's bugging me is what are the release dates for these compared to stuff we know is 'on the way', ostensibly because there were undecorated samples at Tings / Warley etc.

I'm referring particularly to the MK2Fs and the DBSOs personally, but obviously it also applies to the Thompson coaches (i think they were) and others. Which is coming first, those on this list, or the items at the shows?

I may have missed something...... :dunce: :confusedsign: :confused1:
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

PLD

Quote from: AdrianC on January 16, 2019, 09:18:57 AM
One thing that's bugging me is what are the release dates for these compared to stuff we know is 'on the way', ostensibly because there were undecorated samples at Tings / Warley etc.

I'm referring particularly to the MK2Fs and the DBSOs personally, but obviously it also applies to the Thompson coaches (i think they were) and others. Which is coming first, those on this list, or the items at the shows?

I may have missed something...... :dunce: :confusedsign: :confused1:
Don't take these announcements as any form of indication that delivery is imminent... Unless specifically stated for an individual item, It is nothing more than "these are things we are considering producing in the future that may or may not ultimately make it to production at some unspecified date in the future"
Items you have seen tangible development models for at shows are definitely going ahead and unless there are significant outside disruptors, will be the next new items to market. They generally won't be mentioned in these announcements and are covered be separate less hyped release notes.

Eggmarine

I was hoping for some Peak action, never mind i can keep an eye on ebay  :'(

gc4946

Quote from: njee20 on January 16, 2019, 07:43:17 AM
I'm sure if it was a revised tooling it wouldn't be the very last item on the list, and I'm not sure it needs revising, although all of mine are rather sluggish, so a new motor wouldn't go amiss!

It looks like a straight re-release of the original Virgin model with a new running number, which seems eminently sensible given second hand values. That said, with the new one being £215 at Hatton's, and potentially rising, I'm not sure it'll do anything to second hand sales except push them up further as there's a new market rate for the new ones.

Ditto the Cross Country version - I'd prefer Farish's over Dapol's Voyager models because spares are more easily available.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

njee20

Yep, although again a shame it's the 220 as it means no 5-car variants.

jacowin80

With any luck they will announce a 221 in the new silk livery in the 2020 catalog, with the rate they get these things made we should have them both at the same time.  At least the 220 is looking likely to be cheaper than the 350 they announced last year.  A new motor would be great in the 220 though, I'm hoping that I can use it to drag my failed Dapol one around the layout. It was mentioned quite a while ago over on the Dapol digest that they were considering doing a re-release as well, I'm sure with this news coming out of Farish that that plan is dead in the water.  Shame really as I think if Dapol had acted quicker they could have struck while the iron was hot and had them out in time to coincide with the launch of Revolutions magnificent pendolino.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations