Forum Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 05, 2011, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

Quote from: Tank on December 06, 2011, 10:29:45 PM
Thanks everyone.  There is a member on here called Illori who did the hard work.....I just hard to send about 50 emails! :smiley-laughing:

A very big thank you to Illori in that case  :thumbsup: A big job well done
50 emails  ::) who paid the postage? :smiley-laughing:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Illori

actually 51 emails and several pm's as well... and some posts here and pm's here to tie up the loose ends

Tank

;D

You've been a star, and lots of new features to learn.  I just hope I get some time to work them all out soon. 8)

Illori

well the weekend is not too far away ;)

upnick

Hi Tank,   

I've noticed  on  some links in  posts they   arent highlighted in  blue as before  clicking on them   doesnt work   you have to copy & paste  them  into   a new browser   window is this part of the new change  in the forum   layout 

Illori

due to an issue with the youtube mod, i had to disable auto linking of url's. unless tank wants this changed [as i discussed in the pm] there is no other way to easily do this.

Mustermark

I'm not sure I understand.  Does that mean we cat use the short address, but we can paste the full URL like any other link?

If so, that's not such a big deal.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Illori

right now if you want to use [youtube] tags other links will not work automatically like they did before without using [url] tags.

Tank

As Illori has said, there was a conflict with the codes whilst updating the forum.  She gave me a choice of either keeping the YouTube button to show the YouTube video's on the forum (I think it's more inviting to the video's if people see it), but sadly the auto linking doesn't work.  I assumed everyone used the URL Button above the smileys, but obviously not. 

It looks like the URL's are used more ofter than the YouTube video's, so it may be worth changing them.  But I just thought everyone used the URL Button!  :)  I'll ask Illori to change it.

Newportnobby

Thanks Chris (sorry but the 'Thank You' button seems to have vanished) :thumbsup:

Tank

Really, I can see it?  Let me check the Moderators permissions.

Illori

Quote from: newportnobby on December 09, 2011, 09:47:05 AM
Thanks Chris (sorry but the 'Thank You' button seems to have vanished) :thumbsup:

should be fixed now, everyone should see the extra button(s) now.

Illori

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
It looks like the URL's are used more ofter than the YouTube video's, so it may be worth changing them.  But I just thought everyone used the URL Button!  :)  I'll ask Illori to change it.

and youtube videos/auto linking of urls should be fixed now.

upnick

Many  thanks Illori/Tank   for  settling the URL's direct links makes  it a lot  better reading of  posts on the forum   having the ability to go   directly   to   sites reccomended etc   :thumbsup:

moogle

Just noticed that most of the pre upgrade thank you's received on my posts have disappeared.  :o
I say most, as the ones in the jokes board are there!  ???
Not that I'm fussed, I just noticed it.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed?
All post upgrade thank you's are showing.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations