Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: scotsoft on October 01, 2013, 12:07:35 PM
This would be a fine collection to have  ;)

cheers John.

The caption should read " No room Buddy!"
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Cooper

Following on from the post pointing out Hatton's bargains last week, I've been invaded by Class 47s this morning. (Admittedly, the large logo one came from Tings last month). I won't need to buy any 47s for a while...

I've also started a BR Mark 1 coach collection. The first of a few no doubt. Also related to the next layout project are the steel wagon collection that showed up this week. I'm very happy with them!  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Cooper on October 01, 2013, 11:01:58 PM

I've also started a BR Mark 1 coach collection. The first of a few no doubt. 

You have competition from Ollie3440 in that regard :D

Cooper

I only need a couple of rakes, i'm not looking to fill the house!  :laughabovepost:

1936ace

Quote from: Cooper on October 02, 2013, 04:28:06 PM
I only need a couple of rakes, i'm not looking to fill the house!  :laughabovepost:

yeh yeh i told the wife the same, only need a few coaches. That is between brake vans :D

I now have enough to do six trains incl a 10 coach excursion holiday train.

Not my fault she misinterpretted " i only need a few coaches"

they do look good and about to buy some more because they are on sale  :thumbsup:

bart

texhorse

I got two locos in two days!  The first one was the new Kato SD70ACe in Erie colours, and the second is a Kato AC4400CW in Operation Lifesaver colours.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

scotsoft

They both look good Andy but the Erie has the edge for me  :thumbsup:

However I would be happy to have either running round  :D

cheers John.

Bealman

Nice ones, Andy. I must admit that being a fan of BR Brunswick green livery, that the Erie paint scheme appeals to me. Being Kato, I expect that they will run beautifully too.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

texhorse

They run superbly, as all Katos seem to do.  I also like Brunswick Green and that's what attracted me to the Erie.  Not only that, but the colours are also similar to the livery carried by the Nottingham buses, when I was growing up!

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

CarriageShed

A couple of odd purchases for me, as I plan to model the S&D c.1930 with LMS and SR locos.

The first is a British Railways-era Fowler 4F 0-6-0. As it's a Bachmann China loco, the price was a bargain at £30. I hope to renumber and reletter this, either into its earlier LMS appearance or perhaps as a late S&D 0-6-0, as long as it's the right model for the S&D. I'm sure there's an expert here to tell me if it's not:

The other is a Class 20 with split gears. I plan to fix the gears ( :worried: ) and use the chassis for the Parkwood Models Diesel 10800:

The fact that I've never relettered or replaced split gears before is something that I'm trying not to dwell on for the moment!

scotsoft

I am sure you will get all the help you need here Pete, it would be good if you could do a photo tutorial of replacing the split gears for posterity  ;)

cheers John.

CarriageShed

Quote from: scotsoft on October 10, 2013, 12:02:58 PM
I am sure you will get all the help you need here Pete, it would be good if you could do a photo tutorial of replacing the split gears for posterity  ;)

cheers John.

I certainly will, John. It can include all my 'what on earth am I supposed to do next' questions.  :D

texhorse

I for one, would be very grateful if you'd do a photo "How to" on fixing split gears.  I still haven't plucked up the courage to tackle my Graham Farish scrap yard of locos awaiting repairs.

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

CarriageShed

I didn't even have a scrap yard. I bought this one already crippled. I guess I've been encouraged (egged-on?) by all the more proficient tinkerers and fixers on the forum. Plus I really want to model LMS Diesel 10800, given that there's a perfectly good Parkwood Models body for it. This seemed like the best way. I guess I could start the thread off with a 'what do I need?' question.

NeMo

A two-for-one here! Firstly, one of the limited edition Dapol rail blue 86s from C&M Models in Carlisle. Not put the plates on yet, but this one is 'City of Carlisle'. It's a lovely model, and really sends me back to weekend visits to the shed at Willesden (back in the day when the only health & safety was the depot manager telling me not to walk onto the mainline!).

Second purchase was a group of four weathered 'Silver Bullet' china clay wagons from NGF member Matt-P. Good price, prompt delivery, and if anyone is tempted, he tells me he still has two wagons left!

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations