Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintime

Quote from: stevieboy on February 06, 2013, 09:34:13 PM
My long awaited B1 replacement arrived today, so much better than the original. Like the WD it's perfect in every way.

Just ordered one of these; only £82 what a bargain. :D

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

MinZaPint

Just back from the Bournemouth show where I picked up this little beauty,

well chuffed!!  :laugh:  :claphappy:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

That is indeed a little beauty. I've always had a soft spot for M7s, and that one looks superb. But I can't find it in my 2013 copy of Britain's Model Trains! Is it a new model? Bachmann, or Dapol?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevieboy

Quote from: justintime on February 16, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
My long awaited B1 replacement arrived today, so much better than the original. Like the WD it's perfect in every way.

You won't regret buying one. They're fantastic.

Paddy

Quote from: stevieboy on February 16, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: justintime on February 16, 2013, 09:36:55 AM

You won't regret buying one. They're fantastic.

Agreed, I have the weathered version - lovely loco.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Flounder

Afternoon,

With the prospect of having to dismantle my baseboards due to building work on the house (for most of 2013   :'() I'm sitting back for a few weeks and running what I like.  :thumbsup:

So, not for the purists but here is my CJM GBRf 92 (which I've had since Dec 2011) pulling 7 fleischmann rolling road wagons with trucks.  I'm slowly acquiring these wagons (most recent one arrived in the post this week) even though my layout will be essentially UK based.   :D

Cheers,
Flounder.

Pengi

They look nice and colourful - the sort of thing that would tempt me into running freight!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

MinZaPint

Quote from: bealman on February 16, 2013, 10:10:07 PM
That is indeed a little beauty. I've always had a soft spot for M7s, and that one looks superb. But I can't find it in my 2013 copy of Britain's Model Trains! Is it a new model? Bachmann, or Dapol?

It's an old Dapol, in very nice nick and like you I have a soft spot for them, they used to pull all the local services around my area of Dorset.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

EtchedPixels

I keep looking at the rolling road wagons for Snow Hill HS2, via the channel tunnel. So far I've managed to resist so please don't post too many more photos of them  :help:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Quote from: MinZaPint on February 17, 2013, 03:57:25 PM
Quote from: bealman on February 16, 2013, 10:10:07 PM

It's an old Dapol, in very nice nick and like you I have a soft spot for them, they used to pull all the local services around my area of Dorset.
So the model is discontinued then? Wondering why. It seems to be a lovely little model. How does it run?

EtchedPixels

The M7 has been discontinued for a while. It's in some ways not up to current standards - the tracton is crap unless you very carefully adjust the back truck, and even then and with extra weight its poor at best. The gearing and mechanism is also naff for slow running.

With a heavy white metal body the traction isn't bad at all but the slow running remains suspect. Still a nice model.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

justintime

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

Bealman

stevieboy

My second BSK arrived today so I have my first complete coach rake.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations