Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Mick

Would you like me to send a warm blonde round? Should take your mind off the pain, though she is rubbish at massage. Takes my mind off my sciatica, usually.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

daffy

Quote from: woodbury22uk on March 21, 2020, 05:44:25 PM
Mick

Would like me to send a warm blonde round? Should take your mind off the pain, though she is rubbish at massage. Takes my mind off my sciatica, usually.

I didn't know Golden Retrievers could do that.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mito

It all in the tongue :P
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

guest311

ahh, I get it...

she'll come round and make you a sandwich  :)

Newportnobby

Thanks All, but Liz Hurley is on her way as we speak.
Well - at least in my head she is :laugh3:

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 21, 2020, 09:00:07 PM
Thanks All, but Liz Hurley is on her way as we speak.
Well - at least in my head she is :laugh3:

Mick, I implore you - remember your heart.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Who cares about that? I already have the smile on my face in anticipation :D

exmouthcraig

Bob G

Quote from: exmouthcraig on March 21, 2020, 09:21:31 PM
@Newportnobby

She looks nice and wholesome Mick.
She might even do some shopping and cleaning for you :)

Keep your spirits up.
Best
Bob

stevewalker

I am a contractor and move from project to project, doing typically 18 months at a time. My current client agreed last week to start home working this week (my wife is "vulnerable" and so I don't want to bring the Coronavirus home). This morning we were supposed to go through the fine details of how we were going to manage it at the office, only I arrived and it was all locked up. Drove home, powered up the work laptop, and found that higher management have decided to suspend all work for everyone this week, while they make plans (and some projects may be put on hold completely). Of course all their staff will continue to be paid full wages, while we contractors will be paid nothing  :veryangry:

It's not as if we are dispensible even; of 4 C&I Engineers, 3 of us are contract and the 4th is off sick, long term, having cancer treatment. If we found something else and walked, any replacement would take 4 to 6 months to work up to an understanding of the systems and the work we have already done!

steve836

If they treat you like that I think you should look elsewhere and sod 'em
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

emjaybee

I fully understand your anxiety.

I'm self employed, I do property maintenance, and there's absolutely nothing available to help me. Stressful doesn't even come close.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

stevewalker

Quote from: steve836 on March 23, 2020, 10:32:56 AM
If they treat you like that I think you should look elsewhere and sod 'em

It's not that easy unfortunately. Almost all my work, despite being from a variety of companies, is tied in to Sellafield, who totally dominate. I am currently contacted to work for Jacobs, but, they are part of a joint venture and I am based in a Sellafield office. Equivalent contracts will almost always have the same end client and they are the ones that have suspended things.

themadhippy

QuoteI'm self employed, I do property maintenance, and there's absolutely nothing available to help me. Stressful doesn't even come close.
close your company down,at least on paper,and get down the job center and sign on,that way at least youll get a few quid,coucil tax payed,help withaccomadation costs and most important keep your ni payments upto date.once the work picks up sign off
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations