Sale Of Rolling Stock

Started by dannyboy, May 05, 2020, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

All comments taken on board - thank you. I will have a re-think about how I am going to do this.
@Newportnobby Thanks for that. I seem to recall that I bought a couple of wagons from you at the time. I will try and find the posts and have a look.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

I think I can possibly solve all your problems David. :hmmm:  No laborious list creating. No need to take and upload hundreds of photographs from all angles. No seemingly endless series of questions, questions, questions from potential punters who only let you down in the end.

€62.50 for the lot, including postage.

Obviously I'm taking a huge risk, sight unseen, but it's a once in a lifetime, never to be repeated and very generous offer that I'm sure you'll find hard to pass up.

Please reply to: Messers Wright, Chancer and Theeves, The Larceny, Dartmoor, England.

:D >:D :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

njee20

Can you at least give us an idea of if these items are British, Continental or Uzbekistani?!

I keep checking this thread, as I like a good job lot, but it's pretty pointless if I'm not interested! Obviously I'm really hoping for pre-war Uzbekistani.

I think, from your general forum responses, it's steam era British stuff...?

emjaybee

Hmm...

...blind auction eh...

...okay,...

...€62.75...

...and that's my final...

...ish offer.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

@dannyboy
As an example I listed all the Gresley Teaks together as one ad with one pic which I then altered every time one/some of them were sold. Sample pic attached. (there are none left BTW)

Ted

*vulture landing*

Hello ...
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 07, 2020, 09:44:02 AM
@dannyboy
As an example I listed all the Gresley Teaks together as one ad with one pic which I then altered every time one/some of them were sold. Sample pic attached. (there are none left BTW)

Not sure I like that wallpaper Mick, it's a bit 70's isn't it?  :smiley-laughing:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Firstly, I must apologise to those of you who sent me a PM re the sale of my rolling stock. I was rather surprised at the amount of interest shown and did get some specific requests and I have, (hopefully), answered them all. To try and make things easier, I will be putting various lists in the N'porium. The first list, of non UK rolling stock, should be posted this afternoon. Other lists will include UK freight, UK carriages, locomotives, miscellaneous items and maybe some sets.

Postage will be at cost and to give you an idea, a 250g packet to the UK is €6.50 which equates to about £5.75p and to the rest of the world it is €8.00. However, some mail is not being accepted for International delivery at the moment. For each item I do sell via the forum, I will donate some monies to the Forum funds and some to cancer research.

Again, my apologies to those of you who have personally contacted me.  :beers:
David.

dannyboy

A new, short list of UK carriages has been placed in the N'Porium - further carriages will be added later. Also, the lists for UK and non UK freight will be added to tomorrow.
David.

dannyboy

The list of UK carriages was posted last night. Due to a phinno finanim phinomm large response, most, if not all of the carriages are now sold. I received quite a few PM's and, to make it easier for me, I will deal with them in the order in which they were received. I realise that this could put some of you at a disadvantage, but, to try and make this a bit more 'balanced', I will publish another list of UK carriages and try and time it for tomorrow morning, some of the carriages on the new list will be duplicates of ones on the first list. I will update this thread as soon as the new list is submitted to the Mods for approval. To those of you who have sent me a PM, I will reply during the course of this morning. Thank you all for your interest.
David.

emjaybee

Who's gonna be a busy boy then.

;D
Brookline build thread:

dannyboy

You mean who is a busy boy then.  :uneasy: (I hope I have replied to all the PM's!). Just got to make up one or two packets now and create another list.  :help: (Glad it is raining here - no work in the garden today).
David.

emjaybee

Quote from: dannyboy on May 17, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
You mean who is a busy boy then.  :uneasy: (I hope I have replied to all the PM's!). Just got to make up one or two packets now and create another list.  :help: (Glad it is raining here - no work in the garden today).

Is this what they classify as a 'first world problem'?

;D
Brookline build thread:

dannyboy

A new list of non UK freight wagons has been posted and I have another list of UK carriages ready to post tomorrow morning.
David.

dannyboy

A second list of UK carriages will be added to the N'Porium as soon as approved by the Mods.
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations