Donations!

Started by Papyrus, January 12, 2019, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Hello all fellow members!

Many of you may not have noticed, but this month's donations goal has just been quietly increased. I think we can all guess why this is - Tank has raided his holiday fund for the server upgrade and needs the money back before Mrs Tank notices!  :D

I think the increase is eminently reasonable considering all the work that has been put in over the last few weeks. I'm more than happy to dig a little deeper in my pocket for once to keep this excellent ship afloat engine in steam, and I hope many others will too. Go to it, lads and lasses!

Once again, thanks to Tank and the team.

Cheers,

Chris

Tank

Many thanks Chris.  :)

Yes, I've had a big bill, and I haven't even put it all on the donations target for this month. :'( 

As always, I thank you all for your kind donations.  Every little bit helps!  A few more changes and the new gallery will be up and running for everyone soon.  It has been a nightmare due to the very large amount of photo's that we have on here (about 50GB), so I'm glad that we don't allow video's to be stored on here as well!  :)

dannyboy

According to the stat's, there are 6468 members of the forum. If most of the members chipped in a couple of quid,we could all meet up at TINGS and the drinks would be on Tank!  :D. My couple of quid going in shortly and, as said by Chris, (Papyrus), thanks to Tank and everybody involved in the improvements.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

Glad to help it on its way.

Skyline2uk

Added a contribution

Mother dearest ("Nanna" now) is visiting this weekend and very kindly bought us a very nice lunch.

"Paid the kindness forward" as the kids say.

Skyline2uk

Tank

Thank you so much everyone.  Overwhelmed by everyone's generosity.  Really makes the stress worth it.....well almost! ;D :thankyousign: :NGF:

Trainfish

Just over 2 years (+1 day)  since the boss posted in this thread so maybe there's a more recent one regarding NGF donations?

Anyway, a couple of questions:

I made a small donation last night, early morning after @woodbury22uk Mike kindly dug out a spare part I required and is sending to me free of charge, thanks again Mike. However, the "January goal" hasn't changed since then. Is this a manual adjustment made by @Tank ?

Possibly linked to my first question, I made the donation manually rather than using the "Make a donation" button as I wasn't sure if it would be sent as Friends & Family which doesn't incur a fee whereas any other option does. So my question is, does this go through as Friends & Family if using that button?

As an aside I did also post feedback for Mike (for being such a decent chap) as I always do whether I have bought or sold through the forum.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

port perran

Just made a donation in appreciation for generous help from others.
Many, many thanks to the two forum members who have recently sent me items for my current point electrification project (you know who you are).
Anyway, always glad to help out with forum funds.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

Thanks everyone as always for your constant donations. :thumbsup:

Yes, the donations button does mean that we lose a little due to charges, but direct donations to the email address mean that it can be sent as F&F.  I don't generally change the donation amount unless I've had to make a big payment on upgrades.

:thankyousign: :NGaugersRule:

Trainfish

Nicely explained, thanks boss.

Just a reminder to all then that ideally you should make the payment manually via Friends & Family (if possible) so Tank, and therefore the forum, get a few more pennies  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

Yes, that would be great.   :thumbsup:  I'm terrible at accounting, (well, just remembering to get things done in general  :D ), so I'm just happy if there is enough money between donations, advertising and my bank account to pay for it all!   :smiley-laughing:  But, I'm sure that the forum covers itself 99% of the time.

Papyrus

I've just noticed that the donations target has been quietly increased again this month. I know @Tank gets embarrassed about mentioning this, so I thought I would flag it up for those of you who had also missed it. We all know a lot of work is going on in the bowels of the Forum at present, so stump up a few quid/dollars/yen/euros if you can. And if we beat the target, perhaps Chris can afford a Christmas pudding as well as a turkey!

Happy Christmas, @Tank and thanks for everything.

Cheers,

Chris

Malc

Quote from: Trainfish on January 16, 2021, 01:02:06 PM
Nicely explained, thanks boss.

Just a reminder to all then that ideally you should make the payment manually via Friends & Family (if possible) so Tank, and therefore the forum, get a few more pennies  :thumbsup:
Just a quick question, how do we do this manually?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Don't use the button. Go to the Paypal page and send money to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk, then select Friends and Family. This will mean that some of the money isn't taken by Paypal as fees.
John

<*))))><

Train Waiting

Quote from: Trainfish on December 19, 2021, 01:13:30 AM
Don't use the button. Go to the Paypal page and send money to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk, then select Friends and Family. This will mean that some of the money isn't taken by Paypal as fees.

I've used this method and confirm it works well and is really easy to do.

Worth considering if you have a 'Paypal' account.

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations