Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

After several anxious days I finally located my prized but missing dolphin nose tweezers, which come in very handy for all sorts of N gauge shenanigans and are probably the tool which gets the most use.

Still, it was a good opportunity to tidy up a bit.

:bounce:

dannyboy

Don't you just hate it when you are forced to tidy up because you have misplaced something?  It does not help when you ask "Have you seen my (whatever) and the reply you get is, "Well if you tidied up a bit in there".
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

Quote from: dannyboy on February 07, 2019, 12:55:14 PM
Don't you just hate it when SWMBO says she has tidied up?  It does not help when you ask "Have you seen my (whatever) and the reply you get is, "I didn't move it

Corrected for you...

The Q

Arrived for work 07:00
Left work 08:00,
Arrived at work 09:30

in between?

Full English breakfast at a hotel by work in works time.. Somewhat unusual but who cares?  :D

guest311

Quote from: The Q on February 07, 2019, 01:12:12 PM
Arrived for work 07:00
Left work 08:00,
Arrived at work 09:30

in between?

Full English breakfast at a hotel by work in works time.. Somewhat unusual but who cares?  :D

1 1/2 hrs for breakfast ?

some people have all the luck.

before I retired, worked 12hr nights, got 1/2 hr for break, BUT if anything happened was expected to respond  :veryangry:

needless to say, not many un-interrupted meal breaks  :censored:

TrevL

Don't you just hate it when you are forced to tidy up because you have misplaced something?  It does not help when you ask "Have you seen my (whatever) and the reply you get is, "Well if you tidied up a bit in there".

I will freely admit I'm not the tidiest of workers, and it always looks a bit chaotic on my under construction layout, and workbench, however, I instinctively know where everything is.  The problem arises for me is when I've tidied up, I can never find anything.  I then have to go rooting through everything to find what I'm looking for and it all ends up like it was before I tidied up. :no:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daveg

Snap, TrevL!

Happens every time so I obviously haven't learnt!  :dunce:

Dave G

railsquid

Quote from: The Q on February 07, 2019, 01:09:22 PM
Don't you just hate it when SWMBO says she has tidied up?  It does not help when you ask "Have you seen my (whatever) and the reply you get is, "I didn't move it

Corrected for you...

SWMBO instinctively avoids the SquidCave, I think she knows if she touches the wrong pile of things it will all come tumbling down and collapse into a localised black hole.

Quote from: TrevL on February 07, 2019, 04:30:55 PM

I will freely admit I'm not the tidiest of workers, and it always looks a bit chaotic on my under construction layout, and workbench, however, I instinctively know where everything is.  The problem arises for me is when I've tidied up, I can never find anything.  I then have to go rooting through everything to find what I'm looking for and it all ends up like it was before I tidied up. :no:

I have made my life easier by establishing standard locations for certain key items to prevent "oh, I'm sure I just put that down around here" situations. Not 100% foolproof (or even squidproof) alas.

daveg

Other half asked how many posts I've made on the Forum, saying 'You're always on that railway site.'

Si I looked up the stats, just before this one:

4999 (1.952 per day) since Feb 2012.  :wave:

A mere casual visitor compared to the likes of @Newportnobby

Still, this one makes it a neat 5000 (I think  :dunce:)

Dave G

Newportnobby

But you're not an expert in piffle and blather, Dave :-[

Malc

A mere 6th of the way towards NPN's running score.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

I am trying, Malc - lots of people say that though!  ;)

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on February 11, 2019, 04:48:46 PM
A mere 7th of the way towards NPN's running score.

Methinks you mean a 6th, Malc (chalk up another one for me :P) ;D

daveg

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 11, 2019, 08:18:29 PM
Quote from: Malc on February 11, 2019, 04:48:46 PM
A mere 7th of the way towards NPN's running score.

Methinks you mean a 6th, Malc (chalk up another one for me :P) ;D

Does this mean my number's up, too?  :D

Dave G

Malc

Sorry, read NPNs total as 34790, not 30479. Maths is OK, eyesight isn't.😆
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations