Digitrax PR3

Started by Geoff, March 02, 2014, 08:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I am having a real issue with my PR3 drivers and my windows 8 Laptop, I have loaded the drivers following to Digitrax instructions but I do not get a green light with Railroad and Co's software, and Decoder Pro just crashes, has anyone else had this problem with the PR3 and did you get round it at all.

I am in need of major help with this one.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance.

Geoff
Geoff

EtchedPixels

There is a digitrax yahoo group plus a digitraxsound one. I have vague recollection of seeing a workaround discussed there. There also seems to have been a set of software updates when the newer decoders came out
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Geoff

I have posted on the Digitrax yahoo group and no takers yet, surely this is a common problem.
Geoff

EtchedPixels

Its mostly been windows 7 problems.. the drivers they were shipping and maybe still are only went up to 32bit XP.

I don't unfortunately know the details as I don't run Windows. In Linux we made sure the base OS knows both the Digitrax programmer and the Sprog. I'm pretty sure we added the Hornby units to the kernel too 8-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Geoff

OH dear I have just installed the latest Firmware for the PR3 and it is all up on running on my works Laptop, well that is a step in the right direction, The sprog is working fine with the PR3 just need to try Railroad and Co software.

Many thanks for your input Alan.
Geoff

Caz

Sometimes selecting MS100 mode instead of PR3 gets it working.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Geoff

I have found out that the PR3 does not like USB 3 so that is why it was not initially working so maybe that is where the problem seems to be.
Geoff

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations