Newportnobby - Update 04/02 - Good News

Started by Lawrence, January 23, 2016, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Good to hear that your keeping up your spirits and wishing you the best of luck with the DVLA .
Regards
Bob

zwilnik

Good stuff. Does this mean you might be mobile in time for the N Gauge Show?

daveg

Well done that bloke.  :thumbsup:

Physio/gentle work out is what I do 3 times a week (mostly). Great to stretch out a bit and as you say, meet other folk often in similar health situations.

Looks like you'll be mobile well before the end of the summer. That has to be good news.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the update.

Dave G

dats475

Good to hear your news!!
And please teach me more N gauge stuff!!  :wave:
Best regards.
Best regards with my annoying moving signature.
  :drool: Dats 

scotsoft

I am pleased that your progress is positive and you are enjoying the physiotherapy.

It does sound like you are going to have patience with your driving and I am sure it will happen eventually, but the doctors have your best interests in mind.

Cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: trkilliman on May 27, 2016, 04:04:45 PM
Chatting to my surgeon he said that in his opinion you can inherit certain factors that can play a part in your chances of a heart attack.
I never had any nurses bouncing on my chest....drat

Family history shows strokes on the female side and heart attacks on the male side :worried:
As for the nurses, I have already commented about the size of them at Blackpool so it's probably no wonder I still get pain! :-\

Quote from: Zwilnik on May 27, 2016, 04:49:47 PM
Good stuff. Does this mean you might be mobile in time for the N Gauge Show?

When I told the consultant I have places to be and people to see, TINGS is exactly what I have in mind :D I generally go on the Saturday but either day will do for me this year.

Quote from: dats475 on May 27, 2016, 05:36:48 PM
Good to hear your news!!
And please teach me more N gauge stuff!!  :wave:
Best regards.

I've taught you something? ???
There has to be a first for everything, I suppose ;D

Bealman

Great news, Mick!! As you know, I broke a couple of ribs last time I was in Blackpool, but not me sternum, thankfully.  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MinZaPint

Good news Mick and best of luck with the driving licence  :thumbsup:  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

GaryAlan

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

REGP

Its progress Mick, so it's all good news!

With all these exercises at the Leisure Centre you'll end up fitter than before.

Ray

OwL

Good to talk to you the other day mate. Im glad things are taking shape with the DVLA (your still in the tunnel but at least the light at the end is in sight)

Goes without saying that we are all behind you and if ever you need anything, (near or far) just give us a shout. I know that's easy to say from behind a keyboard and I appreciate the fact that in reality you want to drive (and can) but just bear with it Mick. Not long now.
Hope to see you in York in the Autumn, will definitely speak to you sooner. Give us a shout whenever you feel pal :thumbsup:
All the best Dave (Fay sends her love and says hi also :wave:)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

lil chris

Hi Mick I am pleased to hear you have some good news and are on the mend. Hopefully you will get your driving license back soon, then we will have another old duffer on the road. I remember ringing the doctors last year with pains in my chest, I think I spent the night before under my layout, they did all the checks ecg etc and then told me I was alright, and then she bollocked me for wasting her time, you can't win. Keep the exercises up mate it all helps, I have just walked 10 miles today around the local canal.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

stevewalker

Good luck with August. Not being able to drive is one of the things I most dread for myself. Even the odd few days when I've not been able to following a relatively minor operation have had me feeling like a prisoner!

longbridge

All the best Mick, we had an 80 year old lady in our complex that had been fitted with a Dfib when she was years younger, I remember she had to get her batteries changed but thankfully she returned to her old self by annoying the crap out of everyone, written by another heart survivor.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations