Thunderbirds are go!!!!

Started by Newportnobby, April 02, 2015, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on April 04, 2015, 11:47:01 AM
I didn't bother to watch the show, but if anyone saw it, was it any good?

It's not on until 5pm today, Malc :confused2:
I have to admit I don't think it will be as good as the Supermarionation(?) ones.
I just loved Terrahawks as there was so much adult humour in it :D

Agrippa

This is the voice of the Mysterons.......today's Mysteron is Captain Black...

And don't forget UFO, basically Thunderbirds without the strings.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Jerry Howlett

UFO was far more growed up. I seem to recall it going out late in the evening and at least one episode was slightly "naughty". Or maybe that was just wishful thinking on a highly impressionable Teenager....

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Malc

I quite liked the old puppet series..Space Patrol, Fireball XL5, Stingray and of course Thunderbirds. However, I'm not a fan of remakes. You'd think that there was enough inventive minds in the world of TV and Film to come up with new ideas, rather than making second rate attempts are reproducing old classics.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

Me and the Mrs are tuning in to watch Thunderbirds I do hope its as good as the original, fond memories of Tracey Island hope they have got it off to a T.

Thunderbirds are Go.
Geoff

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on April 04, 2015, 02:00:29 PM
I quite liked the old puppet series..Space Patrol, Fireball XL5, Stingray and of course Thunderbirds. However, I'm not a fan of remakes. You'd think that there was enough inventive minds in the world of TV and Film to come up with new ideas, rather than making second rate attempts are reproducing old classics.

I guess the cynics amongst us might say look out for new merchandise in the shops at Christmas. :angel:

Geoff

Quote from: newportnobby on April 04, 2015, 04:13:00 PM

I guess the cynics amongst us might say look out for new merchandise in the shops at Christmas. :angel:

Never mind Christmas get them out now... :D
Geoff

Newportnobby

Quote from: Geoff on April 04, 2015, 04:21:39 PM

I only do that for Lady Penelope, Geoff ;)

Geoff

Quote from: newportnobby on April 04, 2015, 04:26:31 PM

I doubt if you would she was on the TV last week and oh boy has she aged ha ha.

But hey hope they have not changed much only 30 minutes to go.
Geoff

talisman56

Well, at first advert break and general opinion in the household (two parents who remember when the original series was first transmitted, and two adult children who like watching the DVDs of the original series) is that the new 'Thunderbirds Are Go' is absolute pants and a DVD of the original series is going into the BlueRay...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

talisman56

Quote from: Agrippa on April 04, 2015, 01:24:45 PM
This is the voice of the Mysterons.......today's Mysteron is Captain Black...

And don't forget UFO, basically Thunderbirds without the strings.

Ditto Space 1999...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0

talisman56

Quote from: newportnobby on April 04, 2015, 04:26:31 PM

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Not the 'new' one, Nobby - unless you want to be on the sex-abusers register for under-age sex... she looks about 15.

Plainline.

Watched 10 minutes, changed channel, it's rubbish!

mickeyflinn

I'm quite enjoying it - they've even remembered the lemon squeezer in Thunderbird 1's launch bay!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations