World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

I have always been interested in flags, team kits, horse racing silks, etc and this is probably why I like the modern day train liveries too  :)

So that is my link between the World Cup and trains :D
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

sparky

I love all sports so a discussion on something other than why I can`t get my NCE EB1 breakers to work properly is theraputic !!! I may start a thread on pub games... "shove a penny" now that is a game full of thrills and spills and tactical nouse !!!  :P

port perran

:confused1:Shove a penny !
In my day it was Shove Ha'penny.

Now whose old enough to know what a Ha'penny is ?? ???
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ColinH

A ha'penny is 2 farthings  :(
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

jonclox

Quote from: port perran on July 15, 2014, 08:07:33 PM
:confused1:Shove a penny !
In my day it was Shove Ha'penny.

Now whose old enough to know what a Ha'penny is ?? ???
Your a bit like me then. My family couldn't afford to play shove penny so we had to make do with shove ha`penny unless it was avery bad week then we had to make do with shove farthing
T`was a hard life at times  :'(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

port perran

Good game though.
Now....on pub games - who remembers Bar Billiards and Bar skittles ?? :beers:

Newportnobby

Quote from: ColinH on July 15, 2014, 09:00:05 PM
A ha'penny is 2 farthings  :(

And 12 farthings = 1 Threepenny Bit :D
Don't get me started on florins, tanners, crowns (or half thereof) and guineas ;)

And just for the record I am only interested in footie every 4 years when the World Cup comes around. Other than that (and watching Barcelona games) I hate it :thumbsdown:

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on July 15, 2014, 09:14:59 PM
Good game though.
Now....on pub games - who remembers Bar Billiards and Bar skittles ?? :beers:

I used to play in a pub league at Table Football (singles/doubles) - the proper Lilliput tables without glass.
Strict rules as to which players you could score with :thumbsup:

port perran

Double shuffle and shoot ??

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on July 15, 2014, 09:20:24 PM
Double shuffle and shoot ??

That, a quick pass from the wing to the centre forward and shoot, or a faked pass from the winger but the winger shoots.
Absolutely no scoring allowed with the centre row of players :no:

Lawrence

I Like Caz, honest I do  :D and I realise that as a mod she has to read all the threads, but I do wish that she, and the others of the anti-footie brigade, would just butt out of this thread altogether.  If you don't like something, why constantly come on and moan about it, just don't read the thread.
I don't like all this crappy British Railways stuff I find on here but I don't hijack all the threads about it, constantly moaning about its mere existence, I'm sure I would receive torrents of abuse if I did.
The existence of this thread, in the rightful forum, will have absolutely no effect on the lives of those members who don't like footie, so please leave us to it.
Right I'm off to hijack a GWR thread to say how LMS is better and vice versa!  :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations