Am i the only person here interested in Heavy Aviation Metal?

Started by B757-236GT, April 24, 2013, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B757-236GT

Thats airliners to everyone else. I try to get out an about to get some photos during the summer months but with last summer having been so poor i dont think i got virtually anything.

Anyway here some suitably noisy metal! Sadly gone from our skies!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

davieb

Hi Richard  :wave:

Great pic of a 1st generation 737

Sadly not in a great livery

dave  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

QuoteAm i the only person here interested in Heavy Aviation Metal?

Ahem, in a word, no.

My name is not just a reference to the amazing Nissan. Winged noise makers are very much a passion of mine (maybe not more than trains, but close).

QuoteAnyway here some suitably noisy metal! Sadly gone from our skies!

Ah the "Classic" 737. Just to balance things up I was trying to find a photo of an A320...but not handy at the moment!

Skyline2uk

B757-236GT

Quote from: davieb on April 24, 2013, 09:55:32 PM
Hi Richard  :wave:

Great pic of a 1st generation 737

Sadly not in a great livery

Aye not long before they went bankrupt. Mind you she was 32 years old at the time (delivery to Sabena in June 1976, photo taken in July 2008).

Quote from: newportnobby on April 24, 2013, 09:54:24 PM
Sorry Richard,
I thought you meant this............

Nazareth - This flight Tonight

or this...............

SAXON - 747 (Strangers in the Night) HD

Wheres Tim Hall when you want him??

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 24, 2013, 10:02:28 PM
QuoteAm i the only person here interested in Heavy Aviation Metal?

Ahem, in a word, no.

My name is not just a reference to the amazing Nissan. Winged noise makers are very much a passion of mine (maybe not more than trains, but close).

QuoteAnyway here some suitably noisy metal! Sadly gone from our skies!

Ah the "Classic" 737. Just to balance things up I was trying to find a photo of an A320...but not handy at the moment!

Skyline2uk

My Father worked at Airbus as a Option Specification Engineer, it was his job to allocate frames with the specific options that the airline wanted. For example did you know Lufthansa have their own shade of grey for the wings of their airbuses? Also that there were over 1 million different configurations offered on the A320 family alone!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Sprintex

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 24, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

Possibly because there's no such thing as a 'classic' Airbus, ten years and they're recycled into Coke cans! :laugh:

In answer to the OP, not me, although I am learning ;)

You certainly attracted my other half's attention with that pic anyway :D She's plane mad and has been from an early age, and appreciates build-quality over cheapness so all things Boeing take precedence over any Scarebus! ;) (Awaits Skyline's retort :P )

Having had her pilot-ambitions scuppered years ago by out-of-date medical restrictions she's a qualified aircraft engineer by trade. She also has a collection of Avion DVDs of old airport footage that could keep you busy for a couple of days  ;D

Paul

B757-236GT

Give me a pair or quad of JT8Ds any day quartermaster!! Crude and Noisy but great fun! Even an early RB211-535A could make a good sound when worked right.

Richard

Sprintex

Clare says JT3Ds or RR Conways, although I'm guessing that's because both were options for her fave plane . . . the mighty 707 :thumbsup:

Paul

davieb

For sheer Airliner music I can remember British Airways VC-10's leaving Manchester  8)

For me you can't beat them for sheer volume

Sprintex

Now ya talking ;)

Possibly the most beautiful jetliner ever built, what a tail! :thumbsup:

Paul

davieb

Not strictly an Airliner but this has to be one of my favourite Aviation videos

Vodka Burner

Skyline2uk

QuoteFor sheer Airliner music I can remember British Airways VC-10's leaving Manchester  8)

For me you can't beat them for sheer volume

QuoteClare says JT3Ds or RR Conways, although I'm guessing that's because both were options for her fave plane . . . the mighty 707 :thumbsup:

I won't get into a debate on best ever airliner / best ever sounding airliner. Because the answer is Concorde and that's and end of it.   :D

I will certainly will  NOT get drawn into this....

QuoteYou certainly attracted my other half's attention with that pic anyway :D She's plane mad and has been from an early age, and appreciates build-quality over cheapness so all things Boeing take precedence over any Scarebus! ;) (Awaits Skyline's retort :P )

Sprintex

Flippin' Nora!!!  :goggleeyes:

Bet the pilot had the Trotskies approaching the piano keys  :laugh:

Some classic Aussie commentary too :D

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 24, 2013, 10:42:47 PM
I won't get into a debate on best ever airliner / best ever sounding airliner. Because the answer is Concorde and that's and end of it.   :D

I wouldn't disagree with that :thumbsup:

Paul

Skyline2uk

Yeah she was stunning.

The HST of the Sky  :D

Very much missed. But hey, maybe one day something will come along that is just a quick but not quite so thirsty?

Skyline2uk

Agrippa

I think the 737 was the best selling jet liner, not sure if best selling airliner overall,
still being produced with weapons as the P8.

My favourite cola can is the big Airbus (380?) , that's the daddy!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations