What job do you do?

Started by guest2, June 28, 2011, 09:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaatu

Quote from: mjkerr on June 28, 2011, 11:04:59 AM
Company Director
Are we allowed to know the name of the company, or the line of business, even?

Steve

klaatu

I wrestle computers with my bare hands.

Steve

Newportnobby

Quote from: klaatu on June 30, 2011, 08:39:06 AM
I wrestle computers with my bare hands.

Steve

Hi Steve, Who usually wins? I have tried wrestling with mine at work and it always ends up with me submitting/pole-axed :smiley-laughing:

klaatu

Quote from: newportnobby on June 30, 2011, 08:54:15 AM
Hi Steve, Who usually wins? I have tried wrestling with mine at work and it always ends up with me submitting/pole-axed :smiley-laughing:
The computer. Always.

Steve

nf3996

I'm a civil servant in a Government department in central London (and not on strike today).

Alan

m1racleman

45 years as a flooring contactor, I may even have met Tank on my travels !!

Irish Padre

daedalus

I am semi retired now, but left university with a degree in chemical engineering, but always wanted to fly, so joined the RAF on a short service commision and flew fast jets. After which worked contracts in the Middle and Far East and Africa flying corporate jets and crop spraying. At the moment I work part time for the local Chamber of Commerce's training company doing database administration.

lesmond

Irish Padre - where are you currently based? I've a few RAF friends around Lincoln.
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Rector

Vicar - a village parish on the east end of Long Island, New York.  Been here ten years, having retired as a Royal Navy chaplain in 2001.  (Also, for those Anglicans on the forum - I am the Rural Dean of my area. ;))
Tim

Wenchoster Railways

Rector

Quote from: Irish Padre on June 30, 2011, 05:32:52 PM
Vicar....in the RAF

We've exchanged a couple of PMs on our common MOD background.  I bet we have friends in common. Also Pongos - sorry, Army Chaplains. :angel:
Tim

Wenchoster Railways

Irish Padre

Bet we do know a few of the same characters! I've met a few US ones in Afghanistan who were great fun!

OwL

Quote from: Rector on June 30, 2011, 11:45:09 PM
Quote from: Irish Padre on June 30, 2011, 05:32:52 PM
Vicar....in the RAF

We've exchanged a couple of PMs on our common MOD background.  I bet we have friends in common. Also Pongos - sorry, Army Chaplains. :angel:

There are some ex pongos here Matelot, so be careful what you say! :smiley-laughing: :wave:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

tadpole

This hobby does seem to attract gentlemen of the cloth.

Anyone else remember the late great Rev. Teddy Boston from Cadeby in Leicestershire?

He had a wonderful GWR 00 layout based on five lines radiating from a junction at Olton Priors (Newton Abbot, get it?). This filled a large shed behind the church which I'm sure was meant for some holier function, and took five people to run with working signalbox bells and track status indicators. He also gave rides on a short railway (3' gauge?) round the vicarage's back garden.

If his services were half as much fun as his railway operating sessions, he will have had a full church every Sunday.
Two rails good. Three better.

Lawrence

Not to mention ex / current servicemen and women, I did 15 years in the RAF as an Engineering Technician Aircraft Electrical aka Eng Tech AE aka Oi lecky!

Lesmond - that's bomber command country, unfortunately the MOD seem to be determined to hold on to all the useless little units around there to the detriment of the rest of the UK, probably because so many so many ex Air Vice Marshalls who currently languish in the MOD have houses around there!

Tadpole - do you have any involvement in ROV work (think that's what it's called - subsea remote operated vehicles) always fancied a go at that  ::)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations