My Brake Vans with Guards Equipped (they’re so cute!)

Started by mca0004, April 05, 2022, 08:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

Black-tac isn't permanent - you'll still be able to remove the crew should you need to.

Steven B.

mca0004

I thought I should come back to this post to show my newest crew instalment. This time; a driver at both ends of my new Class 28!

I put a driver at both ends so it can be driven in both directions. If someone ask: the driver in the rear is a guard (I remember reading guards would be placed in the end of twin cab locos if there was no brake van).

Graham

Steven B

Quote from: mca0004 on December 21, 2022, 04:39:20 AM
I put a driver at both ends so it can be driven in both directions. If someone ask: the driver in the rear is a guard (I remember reading guards would be placed in the end of twin cab locos if there was no brake van).

You'll also need a secondman in each cab - they were still in use until after the class 28s were withdrawn. Their job was to assist the driver - operating the train-heating boiler and double checking signals being their most important jobs after brewing up (although the hot-plate in the 28 was in the main body of the loco rather than in the cab like most locos).

Steven B.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Steven B on December 21, 2022, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: mca0004 on December 21, 2022, 04:39:20 AM

You'll also need a secondman in each cab - they were still in use until after the class 28s were withdrawn. Their job was to assist the driver - operating the train-heating boiler and double checking signals being their most important jobs after brewing up (although the hot-plate in the 28 was in the main body of the loco rather than in the cab like most locos)

Steven B.

The secondmen were in the model but were both making a brew at the time of the loco being 'spotted' ;)

joe cassidy

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations