So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Mr Sprue

These pictures were posted on our local "Nextdoor" community site the other day.

Because of everyone staying at home in isolation our local deer are taking advantage of the situation! These beauty's have a blood line that dates back to Henry V111 and roam free around the countryside at Harold Hill & Havering park.

Trainfish

Oh deer. I think this thread could go off topic again here............
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 02, 2020, 06:58:54 PM
These beauty's have a blood line that dates back to Henry V111

I knew he had a lot of wives, but... :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

Bealman

Sorry, but those deer do not impress me in the least. We have a feral deer problem here, and their movement into the suburbs causes untold problems. There have been multiple destructive episodes at Chez Bealman.

Anyway, as requested, back on track - although the Triang Davey Crockett loco going down in flames was upsetting  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Veg seeds arrived today so happy see fine weather due so that we can get out into the garden and get everything sorted. This will include transplanting lots of stuff in pots and in the greenhouse. I think - or hope + the frosts keep away, but I'll keep a weather eye open and be ready with some fleece.

Meanwhile, I see that even wildlife is now being asked to keep to 'social distancing' recommendations  :D. :

Good education for the kids too. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

out through the tunnel again today, dodging police patrols, and infiltrated, ok queued up to get into, Tesco's.

all items now back up to 3 per barcode, towel rolls had been one, and plenty [excuse the pun] of towel and loo rolls.

much more meat / chicken etc, and both bread and milk ok.

tinned not too bad, not much in the way of tinned tomatoes or corned beef, and Rice still in short supply.

produce almost back to normal levels, but still no Pasta ?????????

anyway, got just about everything on SWMBO's list, except pasta, and returned to base without being challenged  :claphappy:

so the weekend can be spent at home, doing important stuff  :-[ before the next mission tuesday - ish.

and the weather looks good for the weekend, so I think sarnies and a flask, and extra long walks [ only once per day  :angel:] for hairy beast.

keep safe.

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on April 03, 2020, 04:12:15 PM
I think sarnies and a flask, and extra long walks [ only once per day  :angel:] for hairy beast.

I know Huskies are meant to be clever but what does he like in his sarnies* and what in the flask?

*Nobby's Nuts is not the right answer.

guest311

sorry, I should have made myself clear  :-[

so corned beef sarnies for me ....

oxo in the flask for me ....

water for hairy beast ...

tasty bites, bacon treats, chicken treats, or whatever else edible [a very loose catagory as far as he is concerned] will fit in a backpack for hairy beast ...

oh, and he likes humbugs - please do not ask  :-X

Mr Sprue

Had to break isolation this morning and do a rat run to Tesco today @08:10, only one person in front held on the door queue, within a few minutes waved in by the security man had the trolley handle wiped by a member of staff and then left to roam the store.

As I turned and ventured down the first isle I couldn't believe my eyes it was like walking in to Aladins cave :claphappy: pretty much hardly any empty shelves!

Since this pandemic started this is the first time this store has looked like any thing back to normal. Having said that when I left and walked down the ramp to the car park the queue by that time had grown fifty meters long.

dannyboy

I took Louisa to work this morning, as I do every day and then went on to Tesco's. Quite well stocked now, (Tesco's as well as our house  :)). However, the first hour is for over 65's - I have been twice now under this new rule and nobody has asked me to prove my age!  :( . (I think the fella on the door needs to go to 'Specsavers' - if he can get an appointment!). Louisa has a letter from her employer stating that she is an essential worker, I take her to work in a morning and collect her again at tea time so that is ten trips a week, but no Gardai, (Police), have stopped me - I want to show off the letter and go  :P :nerner:, (metaphorically)!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

what's the point of a 'get out of jail' card if you can't use it  :hmmm:

Newportnobby

I'll be having to make a run Monday morning as I need some essentials and so will Mum. I'll be trying the 9-10am senior citizens hour and just hope they've restocked shelves after the weekend.
Payment always made by contactless card

crewearpley40

Going to be a warm weather weekend. Staying home , have no garden  so windows open  , cold drink, snacks, model railways.

chrism

I'll be off down to Tesco in the morning - to hand out leaflets to the queue, telling people about the local volunteer group and what we can help the self-isolating and vulnerable groups with.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations