Seriously, is this hobby addictive?

Started by Skyline2uk, May 31, 2019, 04:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Oh

Something else I am afflicted with is a form of OCD...I must complete the set.

I now have 33025 and a mostly re-numbered 33030 (struggling to find small enough numbers for the cab fronts).

I have 47 807 and therefore really need 47817.

I would love 60006 but know I would then need to source a version for 60033.

Etc etc

Skyline2uk

njee20

How's that a set...?  ???

I remember about 5 years ago saying "well I'd rather not have more than one loco in a single livery, better to have a variety."

I now have 9 EWS 66s, and 6 Freightliner ones.  :doh:

Still, with second hand prices as they are I know I can recoup costs easily enough should I need to!

Skyline2uk

QuoteHow's that a set...?  ???

Well there were two "Minimodel" 33s (unless I am wrong) so I want Models of both, and two Portabrook 47s etc

:thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Bealman

I've found that sticking religiously to my chosen 1950-1963 time period puts a lock on my acquiring new stuff, no matter how enticing. I didn't get a Pendy for that reason.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Bealman on June 01, 2019, 10:23:21 AM
I've found that sticking religiously to my chosen 1950-1963 time period puts a lock on my acquiring new stuff, no matter how enticing. I didn't get a Pendy for that reason.

I haven't got a pair of Blue Pullman's and or a Pendy for that reason as well  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

njee20

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 01, 2019, 10:21:19 AM
QuoteHow's that a set...?  ???

Well there were two "Minimodel" 33s (unless I am wrong) so I want Models of both, and two Portabrook 47s etc

:thumbsup:

Ahhh, thanks, that was too nuanced for me!

Bealman

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 01, 2019, 10:33:01 AM

I haven't got a pair of Blue Pullman's and or a Pendy for that reason as well  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

I plead guilty to one BP m'lud  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

I admit to a touch of insanity, I model the Southern  mid 1930s; It has been said that one has to be mad to try and model the Southern in any period before about 1960, if that is so then 1930s definitely qualifies.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

I have just had a look at my Excel stock spreadsheet. I have just short of 500 pieces of rolling stock, (including a lot of 'Royal Mail' items), which has cost me ........... HOW MUCH?  Must be a faulty calculation! :o :goggleeyes: (It is a good job that Louisa is not looking over my shoulder!). And I have only been involved in this hobby of ours for about five years.  Does that class me as an addict?  :hmmm: No it doesn't, I can take it or leave it .................... in fact there are only two engines on my ebay watch list!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

I try to limit my purchases to presents to myself for special occasions such us my birthday, Christmas, Waitangi day, etc.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on June 01, 2019, 10:49:11 AM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 01, 2019, 10:33:01 AM

Skyline2uk

I plead guilty to one BP m'lud  ;D

The BP entered service in 1960 so you're exonerated, George.

@Skyline2uk
Pssst. Wanna Pendy? ;)

ntpntpntp

Quote from: dannyboy on June 01, 2019, 12:45:08 PM
I have just had a look at my Excel stock spreadsheet. I have just short of 500 pieces of rolling stock, (including a lot of 'Royal Mail' items), which has cost me ........... HOW MUCH? 

Hehe - I never look at the total spent value, other than to comfort myself that it's way less than the cost to buy it all again now   :worried:  The other day I added number 999 to the "official"  inventory database of Continental N - so that doesn't include unregistered stuff and the British N collection.   Then there's the G scale stuff for the garden, sundry bits of T, Z, TT, HOe, OO/HO etc.....      SWMBO says if I didn't buy so many trains we could afford a house large enough to keep them in  :D   

I suppose #1000  should be something special, maybe time to see if there's something out there to treat myself as we've just passed pay day......
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Intercity

It helps to talk so you know you aren't alone, anyone reading this that hasn't posted yet feel free to chime in, we will assure you that there is no hope, we will let you know that eBay has listings that interest you, we will let you know your layout will never be finished, but above all we are here for you......

My watch list has 1 broken locomotive on it, but I just gave my paycheck to the guys at Revolution.

BramptonBranch

Lord I hate eBay with a vengeance detest it even, it takes  so much of my cash and so much of my time.
Will people please stop offering things for sale I just cant stop.........and if she who must be obeyed finds out I'm toast!! :bounce: :bounce:
You can never have to many Warships!

Chris Morris

I can stop buying Westerns any time I like ....

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations