Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Hope you get the OK to collect your Mum and that she's recovered.

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Oldman on March 24, 2016, 03:11:59 PM
Looking like Easter is going pear-shaped, when taking my elderly mother shopping she had a funny turn in the supermarket.
Just waiting to hear from the hospital to know if they are keeping her in or I can collect her later.

Sorry to hear it. I hope she is alright!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

GeeBee

Just spent the last week trying to fight off another chest infection and have now been told by DWP that I will not get a decision for another 2 1/2 months *********  :censored:
Graham

Newportnobby

Fancy expecting any government department to make a quick decision, Graham ::) :telloff: ;)
I really hope you can shake the infection off much quicker than that.

Ditape

Unfortunately 2 1/2 months seems about average for the DWP it took them that long to answer a simple question about my pension, well anyway I hope you get well soon.
Diane Tape

dannyboy

Hope the infection is not too serious and soon clears up. 2 1/2 months for the DWP to answer a query - flipping 'eck - I sent off my forms for my UK pension last week, but, because I live in Ireland, I had to send them to the Irish equivalent of the DWP. I hope both sets of departments don't take 2 1/2 months, I hit 65 at the end of May! I was told that it should all be sorted within 8 weeks.................  :worried:.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

rogercrossley

I think the electorate voted for a low tax-low spend economy by electing the current government, committed to reducing government expenditure. This includes reducing the number of staff at DWP. Very fast decisions on state pensions would depend on additional staffing which would mean higher taxes. Take your pick. (Sorry if this is political, but so is commenting on DWP's performance). Roger.

GeeBee

Quote from: rogercrossley on March 25, 2016, 07:41:12 AM
I think the electorate voted for a low tax-low spend economy by electing the current government, committed to reducing government expenditure. This includes reducing the number of staff at DWP. Very fast decisions on state pensions would depend on additional staffing which would mean higher taxes. Take your pick. (Sorry if this is political, but so is commenting on DWP's performance). Roger.

:sorrysign:
Sorry if I upset you roger I was not trying to be political I was just saying having had the DWP enforce me changing to PIP in November 2015 and being told it could take up to 16 weeks and now being told last week that it will take a further 10 weeks the stress this is causing is really not nice and 7 months is IMO too long but then I am the one waiting.

rogercrossley

No apology needed! If you are being 'migrated' (DWP speak!) from DLA to PIP and there is nothing unusual about your claim, DWP should still being paying you the DLA until decision is made. If you need further advice, let me know (rogerandbrendacrossley@sky.com) as Bren advises claimants on how to get best deal from DWP and would be willing to discuss. Roger.

GeeBee

Quote from: rogercrossley on March 25, 2016, 11:20:23 AM
No apology needed! If you are being 'migrated' (DWP speak!) from DLA to PIP and there is nothing unusual about your claim, DWP should still being paying you the DLA until decision is made. If you need further advice, let me know (rogerandbrendacrossley@sky.com) as Bren advises claimants on how to get best deal from DWP and would be willing to discuss. Roger.

Many thanks for that Roger if things don't improve I will email you for some help, they are still paying my DLA but my mobility car was due to be changed in February, motability have been great and extended the lease for 6 months, problem is my car is manual drive and with the onset of osteo artritis it has been suggested that I drive an automatic and we were just starting the process when all this started.
Never mind it could be worse !!!!!!
Graham

rogercrossley

Graham, just get in touch if you need to. Bren will be pleased to help if it's needed. Roger.

Oldman

:claphappy: Mum is now home again - turned out she had a diabetic turn, first one in over 5 years but they kept her in overnight  just in case
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Oldman

Teenagers - 17years old and whingeing about tooth ache all because a Wisdom tooth is coming through  :doh:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

Quote from: Oldman on March 28, 2016, 11:02:40 PM
Teenagers - 17years old and whingeing about tooth ache all because a Wisdom tooth is coming through  :doh:

Ooh, you're a harsh man. Mine have hurt on and off over the years like nothing has hurt before and they still won't remove them  :'(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I had to go to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth put in :-[

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations