Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w greatbatch

I agree with the 94xx, but also what about the rest of the 'old' range , the Crab would be the top of my list ,2P and yes the V2 ,but if it has to be something new , what about a Princess Royal.

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 08, 2024, 06:20:33 PMThanks for that. I knew it would be a close run thing as I have MK1s (built 1951 onwards) but rather than 'crimson & cream' I have what I tend to call (and prefer) 'blood & custard' which compares with crimson & cream like so....... (b & c to left)

"Crimson Lake and Cream" and "Blood and custard" are the same livery.
https://www.bloodandcustard.org/

Early on there was a trial livery known as plum and spilt milk which was based on the LNWR livery of a deep purple and off-white colour.

The difference in colour in the models is down to the tampo printing process used to apply the liveries. Compare Farish to Dapol and you'll see differences too.

What ever you call it, it does look nice with a black loco on the front!

Steven B

ChrisWV10

Black 10000 for me too  :)  Successfully resisting the urge to add 10001 in green (so far) tho' I fear one of those nice SECR dance halls may be too much to resist (it's only an extra 20 ish quid)

C. :)

bluedepot

I can't decide

an olive departmental dance hall anyway

probably that's it as can't keep buying trains ...

trkilliman

Quote from: Ensign Elliott on February 09, 2024, 09:50:34 AM
Quote from: trkilliman on February 09, 2024, 09:31:23 AMFor me 10001 in black and silver would fit in with my 1950 based layout. As yet I am undecided whether to place an order. I'm sure they will sell well, possibly prompting further releases?

I have a Sonic large Prairie on order from Rails. Sonic appear to be a manufacturer who will continue to release steam locos. I don't feel the same about Bachmann. I will therefore hold back for now, awaiting what will be the next loco from Sonic. I want to continue to support him. A County or a King would sell well I am sure. 

A County and King are top of my "wants" list. The King leaves a massive gap - we have Duchess, Merchant Navy and A1, A3, A4 etc but no top link WR loco (I know we have the Castle but its not quite a King is it). I'd also like to see the 94xx updated, maybe something for Sonic as they like small WR locos.
------------------------------------

Farish have removed the Duchess, Castle and 64xx. The 64xx has though reappeared within a set.
Sonic may well look at doing a 94xx to a modern level of detail expectations. I just see them as the company who will continue to introduce steam. Dapol to maybe a lesser extent.

Newportnobby

Quote from: trkilliman on February 09, 2024, 06:49:27 PMFarish have removed the Duchess, Castle and 64xx.

Never say never. I'll warrant reruns in a couple of years :hmmm:

Roy L S

Quote from: Ensign Elliott on February 09, 2024, 09:50:34 AMA County and King are top of my "wants" list. The King leaves a massive gap - we have Duchess, Merchant Navy and A1, A3, A4 etc but no top link WR loco (I know we have the Castle but its not quite a King is it).

I am not sure that the King does leave such a massive gap to be honest, they were quite restricted in terms of route availability (being a "Double Red" axle-loading) so only found on some but not all GW main line routes. I don't think it helps the King's case that people paid up front to DJM for models and that money was then lost due to the debacle that played out, it somewhat poisoned the well, made worse by KR Models somewhat half-hearted attempt at reviving it. I think that the Castle probably adequately covers GW "Top link" and more realistically we could potentially see another run of those, but if I recall correctly the GW variants were quite slow sellers? I wonder if a County might actually be a better proposition...

Personally I would be surprised if anyone else but Bachmann would take on the 94xx given that a new tool model was only recently introduced in their OO range meaning R&D is already there. It was pretty much an ever present in the Farish range going back to the very beginning in 1970 through to early Bachmann days so I reckon it is only a matter of time before it appears again as a Farish model.

Regards

Roy

fguy

People are chatting a lot on FB about this model, it seems that the very special Class 47 are selling like hot cakes.
I must admit that new retooling and special livery are appealing.

However, I searched for a long time on the Bachmann website, but impossible to find flowers  :no:
So for valentine, I've bought this model  :D
My first blue BR locomotive.

Ensign Elliott

Quote from: Roy L S on February 09, 2024, 08:08:41 PMI am not sure that the King does leave such a massive gap to be honest, they were quite restricted in terms of route availability (being a "Double Red" axle-loading) so only found on some but not all GW main line routes. I don't think it helps the King's case that people paid up front to DJM for models and that money was then lost due to the debacle that played out, it somewhat poisoned the well, made worse by KR Models somewhat half-hearted attempt at reviving it. I think that the Castle probably adequately covers GW "Top link" and more realistically we could potentially see another run of those, but if I recall correctly the GW variants were quite slow sellers? I wonder if a County might actually be a better proposition...

I disagree. Kings were used on London to Plymouth, South Wales and Wolverhampton routes - that's a fair chunk of the WR network. If Bachmann/Dapol made one, I doubt people would avoid buying one just because they were originally proposed by a now defunct company.

Given the choice between the two however, as a Cornish modeller, I'd opt for the County.

Newportnobby

Quote from: fguy on February 09, 2024, 09:26:01 PMPeople are chatting a lot on FB about this model, it seems that the very special Class 47 are selling like hot cakes.

However, I searched for a long time on the Bachmann website, but impossible to find flowers  :no:

Note please that livery was not exactly 'BR Blue' as it was a few shades lighter although I know you didn't mean that

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 08, 2024, 11:27:52 AM:doh: I have no willpower whatsoever. I've just ordered the black 10000 372-910 purely on the basis it was so iconic and latterly gave it's life to repair 10001 which I have already ordered in green with SYP. Trouble is, with it being LMS badged I have nothing for it to pull.
Somehow a BR Grey Dance Hall brake van found its way onto the same order :-[

He folded like a cheap suit!

:smiley-laughing:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

fguy

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 09, 2024, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: fguy on February 09, 2024, 09:26:01 PMPeople are chatting a lot on FB about this model, it seems that the very special Class 47 are selling like hot cakes.

Note please that livery was not exactly 'BR Blue' as it was a few shades lighter although I know you didn't mean that

Yes English is my primary school foreign language. As I did'nt made great studies, I 've a very low level. I apologise for past and future mistakes in my writings. I was writing about general colour only and not the Era 6 futur scheme

Bob G

Quote from: icairns on February 08, 2024, 03:47:50 AMI am definitely interested in getting one the twins in black but with the early emblem.  I believe that both locos ran this way from Spring 1951 to the end of Summer 1956 when they were painted Brunswick green.  So, I suppose I could either add the BR emblem using a decal to a plain black one, or wait for GF to produce the version that I want.  But how long might this be? 

Ian

I've ordered the black unbadged one as a base to work as an SR one (1952-55 period with small bycicling lion). It is missing two lamp irons and two marker lights at each end, but I have the kits and never noticed or cared too much, so long as the livery was right. The larger early emblem was used when it returned to the LMR in 1955 and it then went to toothpaste green livery in 1956.

I'm surprised they did the double stripe orange one, as that only ran for a year on the LMR before they went to a single duck-egg blue stripe on green (with many variants on whether the front doors carried the stripe or not). Still, its common for manufacturers to make the versions people don't want first :)

Best
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations