Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Quote from: johnlambert on February 10, 2014, 09:33:10 PM
Added another Dapol Pannier to the fleet.  This time an 87xx in GWR green.  Bit of a Rule 1 purchase but I 'needed' something to run with the GWR wagons I've acquired.  Although some locos towards the end of steam (my usual era) were repainted into pre-nationalisation liveries I think, so it isn't necessarily out of place for a 1960s layout.
I agree. I model the same period, but when the train looks that good, bring on Rule 1.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jivebunny

scotsoft

That is a good haul for a couple of months  :D

Have they all been run to check they are working well?

cheers John.

jivebunny

Yep, they've all had their compulsory round-and-round-in-circles-for-twenty-minutes railway baptism  :D

Luke Piewalker

My two latest additions, a repainted Mintrix Britannia which is the chassis donor for my Streamlined Duchess of Hamilton
And a 90 in Distribution livery.

Bealman

Whoever did the repaint did a pretty good job on it - that's a good shade for the green. However you were after it for the chassis, it seems. Like to see the Duchess when finished!  :thumbsup:

Luke Piewalker

Indeed, I just wish he/she hadn't painted the wheels and rods etc that interesting shade of... I'm not sure what it is to be honest...

Bealman

:laughabovepost:
I think it's supposed to be rust? Strangely enough, from your photo I don't think it looks too bad. You'll have to do something about it for your streamliner, though! Can't have rusty wheels on that!  ;D

joe cassidy

Quote from: johnlambert on February 10, 2014, 09:33:10 PM
Added another Dapol Pannier to the fleet.  This time an 87xx in GWR green.  Bit of a Rule 1 purchase but I 'needed' something to run with the GWR wagons I've acquired.  Although some locos towards the end of steam (my usual era) were repainted into pre-nationalisation liveries I think, so it isn't necessarily out of place for a 1960s layout.

In the May 2005 issue of "Steam World" there is a photo of ex-GWR pannier tank no. 7428 still in GWR livery in March 1959.

The photo was taken at Trawsfynndd (?) which means "the valley that time forgot" in Welsh.

Best regards,

Joe Cassidy
P.S. Apologies in advance to Etched Pixels and anyone else that I might have offended

CarriageShed

Picked up a lovely little Southern Railway runner. She goes like a dream, so a typical Union Mills loco. It needs a bit more detailing, but I'll get around to that in time:

Agrippa

Great photo, was that an Ebay buy? You can't have too many UM locos.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

CarriageShed

Yep, another eBay buy. If you pick the right battles then you can often win a good loco at a good price. This one seems to be virtually new (or very well cared-for), so I'm especially pleased with it. Once I've finished a loco kit and a few other jobs at the top of the list then I can get down to detailing the first of my second-hand locos.

Newportnobby

Another arrival on Kimbolted...............I present to you D823 Hermes, courtesy of Wayne 56089 :thankyousign:

Seen sitting at the bay platform with the local portion of the London - Worcester train

[smg id=10386]

Wayne 56089

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
Another arrival on Kimbolted...............I present to you D823 Hermes, courtesy of Wayne 56089 :thankyousign:

Seen sitting at the bay platform with the local portion of the London - Worcester train

[smg id=10386]

Looking good, glad she's gone to a good home and will actually get some use.

Plus it really wouldn't look right on my layout infront of a rake if intercity mark3s  :confused1:

NeMo

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
These Farish 'Warships' are lovely models. Probably the smoothest, quietest models I own (I have two).

Even if you don't weather them (which I think really helps!) the light-coloured cab interior looks much better if you stick a model train driver in there! Any old seated figure will do, if you cut his (or her???) legs off.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations