Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngaugepaul and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 03, 2013, 01:21:02 PM
Way-to-show-willpower there Nobby  :D
Does it run well?

Skyline2uk

What's will power? :confused1: ;)
Sweet runner with good slow movement (and I'm just on analogue!)

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on August 02, 2013, 09:35:59 PM
Er, excuse me.
How many blokes do you know who read the instructions? :P

I know at least one . . . . ME :P

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sprintex on August 03, 2013, 10:05:22 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 02, 2013, 09:35:59 PM
Er, excuse me.
How many blokes do you know who read the instructions? :P

I know at least one . . . . ME :P

Paul

You're probably told to by Clare :D
Anyway, I thought you were having several birthday drinks tonight ??? :beers:

Sprintex

Always read manuals, saves a lot of hassle later ;)

'Birthday' was yesterday :thumbsup:

Paul

upnick

Quote from: texhorse on August 03, 2013, 10:02:20 PM
Here's the last one of my newest locos.  It's carrying the fictitious New York Central System livery, and is, as far as I know, the only N Gauge loco in the world in this livery. 

There are 

Life Like  PA /B    along with a  PA  dummy 

Kato  PA

ER  Models RF 16  A - B Sharknose

all in  NYC  paint 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95515358@N06/sets/72157634929300156/

texhorse

Sorry Mate, that should read the only "modern loco" in that livery!  SD70MAC.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Agrafarfan

This arrived yesterday. It is a Peco Narrow Gauge Kit NG-652, It's a little steamer my first adventure into Nn3/n-6.5 Narrow Gauge in N. I thought it would be ready painted and plastic but it's a white metal kit might need soldering, I will complete it one day Just need to get a chassis for it, I've orderd some Z gauge track.

I don't know weather to include it in my current layout which I haven't quite built yet (sort of took it down then redoing it properly-ish. I will post some pics of my layout soon honest ;)) or to so a seperate layout. Here are some pics.  :camera:

[smg id=6344]

[smg id=6345]
Not glued just put together

EtchedPixels

Glue is quite sufficient - and in many ways a lot easier. Soldering white metal needs a low temperature iron and isn't quite like soldeirng other stuff.

Mine was assembled with evostick impact and has been in one piece for some years.

It's worth spending a little time cleaning up the parts. Some people also like to polish them with toothpaste or similar very fine abrasives to just bring the surface finish up. (Keep it clear of anything used for real teeth cleaning - it contains lead!)

The cab windows open out easily too.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Agrafarfan

Thankyou EP for the tips, I wasn't sure about soldering seem tricky. I will go for the glue method as you said.  :thumbsup: it's my first loco kit.

MinZaPint

New arrivals in the land of nothing much happening!

In praise of first plus service from Osborns  :thumbsup:, spotted the B sets had been sent to them yesterday afternoon ordered at 1649 packed @ 1715 and much maligned Royal Mail did the rest, well CHUFFED! Wanted the Fruit D so tacked it on the order.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

mereman

Just a few shots of my latest loco and wagons. Sorry no smart layout it's just on my test track.

My new Q1 with a few wagons

Just the Q1 a very nice model I'm enjoying playing with it

2 Gun powder wagons and a brake van

Anyone know what the first wagon is  :doh: Really glad I got the NGF wagon.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

scotsoft

We seem to be in a similar place as far as layouts go  :D

cheers John.

mereman

As I had my camera out I thought I'd just take some pictures of the rest of my stock.

Flying Scotsman from Dapols DCC starter kit.

The coaches for the above

My A4 Silver King

New Coaches GF 374-825A and 374-840A

GF TPO 374-901A a slight mistake as it about 30 years to young for my era :D But 'ell I like it and Rule #1 being used :laugh3:
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

CarriageShed

Great photos, Mereman. I do love the Royal Mail carriage, even though it's also way outside the era I'm aiming for.

I'm here to admit that I've been a very bad boy  :-[ I'm supposed to be saving for a house move, but Rails of Sheffield were selling off a whole lot of second-hand and kit locos on Friday, and every one of them went way over my minuscule budget. So yesterday I went a little bit insane and spent double the budget on a lovely Langley kit of an LMS 4-6-2T Prince of Wales. If there was a Mrs Pete33 then I'd be in the dog house, but as it is I'm keeping very quiet and admitting nothing to no one... Umm...  :hmmm:

Photos when the loco arrives.

Trev

:D
I was watching that one as well but decided against buying as I'd bought a crimson Jubilee for £40 the day before, also from Rails. They have had a lot of N gauge listed recently including about 8 Jubilees.
I was also watching their auction for the Flatiron that finished about the same time as the Prince of Wales
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations