Nelevation price list released

Started by Nelevation, October 01, 2015, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelevation

Dear NGF

I have now released the price list for the Nelevators. Thank you for all your input. I have taken all your comment seriously and have tried to accomodate as many of your suggestions as possible. The prices include everything needed to complete the assembly; all track, power supplies. Nut screws and bolts! We,ve had to work hard on the design and with component suppliers to drive cost out and although we haven't been able to achieve our target £600 for the basic kit (+track), we have got very close. In addition, we are offering a discount price for eraly supporters.

We need 50 adopters now to give us the confidence to take the project forward.

Please have a look at the price list on the web site www.nelevation.com . Theres a link in the Order form section.

Thanks again for your support.

Allen

D1042 Western Princess

A very impressive, and imaginative, bit of kit Allen. Sadly I don't think of much use to me as my layout is built on top of bookcases and thus I have very little room below track level (about 3" for scenic purposes) but I wish you every success.
Given the cost of pointwork, especially for a 20 road conventional fiddle yard on a continuous run, and the space that takes up, this device of yours seems quite reasonable for price.
However, I would question your advertising, if I may.
The expression "full length trains" - how long is a train? Until the mid 1980s a 'full length' express passenger train in the UK was anything up to 14 coaches (typically about 12/13) and a BG on the end. Given a suitable locomotive, in diesel days a Class 45, 47, 52 or 55 or for steam a Britannia, Castle, A4, Duchess or West Country for examples and your scale 'full length train' could easily be 7'6" long, perhaps a bit more. Goods trains of the era tend to be even longer. Even today enthusiast specials of 12/13 coaches are not unknown.
I've only seen the pictures here but it doesn't look long enough to hold a 'full length train' to me, 8 or 9 coaches (plus loco) at best.
It's a great, space saving idea and I hope it is successful, but do question this aspect of it.
Just how long a train, in feet or inches (or coach lengths) please, will it actually hold?
Best wishes,
Greg.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

georgehgv

Quote from: Nelevation on October 01, 2015, 06:16:57 AM
Dear NGF

I have now released the price list for the Nelevators. Thank you for all your input. I have taken all your comment seriously and have tried to accomodate as many of your suggestions as possible. The prices include everything needed to complete the assembly; all track, power supplies. Nut screws and bolts! We,ve had to work hard on the design and with component suppliers to drive cost out and although we haven't been able to achieve our target £600 for the basic kit (+track), we have got very close. In addition, we are offering a discount price for eraly supporters.

We need 50 adopters now to give us the confidence to take the project forward.

Please have a look at the price list on the web site www.nelevation.com . Theres a link in the Order form section.

Thanks again for your support.

Allen

Congratulations Allen.

I know how hard you have worked on this project and tried to keep the cost within the projected figure. I hope that there are sufficient Supporters to ensure the manufacturing begins.
I will be adding my name to the definite list later this morning via the website Order Form.

Great new invention which I look forward to receiving.

All the best. :)
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Only Me on October 01, 2015, 08:24:15 AM
@D1042 Western Princess - Its in the specifications on the website Greg...

Max. Train Length (Short): 914 mm (typical loco + 6 carriages)
Max. Train Length (Medium): 1,371 mm (typical loco + 9 carriages)
Max. Train Length (Long): 1,828 mm (ideal for the new Revolution Pendolino)

Thanks for this, I must have missed it  :dunce:  :-[ .
As soon as I see a 'metric' I switch off. So at just 9 coaches it's hardly 'a full length main line train' (the branch terminus at Peltin Down holds 9) but still a great invention.
Good luck with it.

Ben A

Hello Greg,

In Imperial the 3 Nelevator lengths will be 3', 4'6" and 6'0. 

Allen wants the Long one to be able to hold full length 9 or 11-car Pendolinos.  The Pendolino cars are long vehicles but will be close-coupled.  Our estimates are that the 11-car train will be a fraction under 6' long, but until we actually see one coupled up we cannot give an exact measurement.

If you're a steam era enthusiast, or just not familiar with Pendolinos, then this is about the equivalent of a loco and 11-coaches.

I think for most enthusiasts that would qualify as a full length train, and it's a nice, easy to understand description.

The joy of the Nelevator is that its footprint is so small.  For those with the length available for longer trains than this then a couple of sidings either side of the Nelevator would give the option of a couple of really long trains to run alongside the 20 6' or less trains it holds.

PS: If you struggle with metric measurements, you can type into Google "1,828mm in feet", or any mm measurement, it gives you the answer immediately.

cheers

Ben A.

Bealman

Agreed. The small footprint and high capacity will indeed appeal to many modellers.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Ben A on October 01, 2015, 08:44:53 AM
Hello Greg,

In Imperial the 3 Nelevator lengths will be 3', 4'6" and 6'0. 

If you're a steam era enthusiast, or just not familiar with Pendolinos, then this is about the equivalent of a loco and 11-coaches.

Ben A.

Thanks for that Ben, much easier to understand once in real lengths.
As to the rest 'steam enthusiast' -  :censored: >:( :veryangry: :censored:!!!

:D

If you read my 'signature' I think you'll understand!

And it's not a case of not being able to convert  :censored: metric to proper measures, but having NO interest in enforced metrication for political reasons in the UK.
I'll say no more on that because I promised not to get political on this site.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Bealman on October 01, 2015, 09:16:25 AM
Agreed. The small footprint and high capacity will indeed appeal to many modellers.

Agreed too, Bealman. My only real question is about the longest train it would hold, but that has now been answered.

oscar

QuoteAnd it's not a case of not being able to convert  :censored: metric to proper measures, but having NO interest in enforced metrication for political reasons in the UK.

Totally agree, of what possible use is a millimetre?  :veryangry:

PostModN66

Being a youngster of 53 I was brought up on metric measurements at school in the late 60s and 1970s, but of course living in Britain I had to be bi-numeral.

Imagine my surprise when I entered the Aerospace industry in the 1980s and found everything still in Imperial, even for brand-new aircraft designs.

Lengths are not so tricky, but "slugs" and "poundals" were a revelation; and various types of Ton/Tonne!

Cheers Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Topcat

The short version is ideal for me as I am yet to build the fiddle yard. This would both reduce the fiddle yard size allow extension of the scenic area. Only issue is the code 55 track when perhaps an option for a code 80 should offered. Like the price too. :claphappy:

NeMo

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on October 01, 2015, 09:22:41 AM
And it's not a case of not being able to convert  :censored: metric to proper measures, but having NO interest in enforced metrication for political reasons in the UK.
I'll say no more on that because I promised not to get political on this site.

How is this still a political issue? Does anybody seriously advocate abandoning SI units in science and engineering? Even UKIP aren't that daft!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

ScottyStitch

My storage yard has been built with (nearly) all sidings being exactly two flexi-lengths of code 55 long, i.e 6ft. It's been built that way because I know that length of siding will accomadate ten Mk1s and a pair of Type 2s.

I think the 6ft version is a good length,  Ten or eleven Mk1s and an engine, I;d say is a fair representation of a full length, prototypical train.  Many layouts would struggle to run much longer. For my layout, it would be full length. I've certainly rarely seen any layouts running to 14+ on.

None of the above is to devalue Western Princess' comment regarding the symantics, he of course is quite right, 'Full Length' is subjective.

Bealman

All of the above references to metric vs imperial, mm, etc are totally off topic.

The OP has said what is available.

This is not the thread for a discussion about such issues.

Please address the original post.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Cazadoom

Great Work Allen ...

I Have taken the plunge and Put the forum in for a large one ...

Ideal to display the full length pendos from Ben And Mike ...

Great idea for minimum space ...

Cheers

Callum

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations