Puzzled

Started by Papyrus, January 23, 2015, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

:help: About a year ago I bought 4 or 5 sets of points at Brighton Modelworld. Now I'm about to embark on some serious tracklaying and I can't find them anywhere.  :searchingsign: Yup, done that. I don't have a huge railway room with lots of boxes to rummage in... My other half thinks I'll find them in the same place as everything else I've lost, like my marbles and grip.

I'm stuffed without them and I don't want to buy any more. So come on, guys, you've always managed to answer my questions so far. Help me out here - where have I put them?

Chris :doh:

Geoff

Well I would seriously ask her in doors cos when I lose stuff she knows where it is and I know for a fact that I never put it where she said it was.

I find lots of things being moved in the house and I get the evil eye when I cannot find where she has put it, that's women for you.
Geoff

Malc

Where ever they are, you will find then just after you buy a replacement set.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tom U

S'easy...think of the last place you would think to look - then look there first.
I know this because every time I lose something, it is in the last place I look.
Hope that helps  ::)

port perran

I'm always losing stuff cos I'm not neat and organised.
Maybe when you bought them you left them on the sideboard and they've been tidied away in a drawer.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

railsquid

Have you checked the already laid track on your layout?

Bealman

There's not much point in this discussion.....  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Malc on January 23, 2015, 12:43:58 PM
Where ever they are, you will find then just after you buy a replacement set.
Yes!
Another way that sometimes works is just to stop looking/fretting, that fools the gremlins into thinking you've given up and they stop moving things around.
Doesn't always work, they can read minds so it is important not to fret about it meanwhile.

I'll get my coat.

Newportnobby

You just know they're in that 'safe place' you always put things in. Yep - the place you can never find :doh:
Have you got a 'man drawer' that needs investigating? ;)

port perran

Quote from: Bealman on January 23, 2015, 02:14:03 PM
There's not much point in this discussion.....  :D

Hopefully it will all "turn out" OK in the end. :laugh:
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Griffo

Must have slipped your memory ....

Komata

Your evidently live in a 'hungry' house (as I do), and may never see the items again, or, if you do (and the house has got sick of them), it will be when you either least need them or are least expecting to find them  (Don't ask).  Our house seems to especially like things that Mrs. Komata has, and regularly 'removes' them from circulation......

Thought you might like to know ; you are not alone,
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

austinbob

This looks like a 'pointless' thread :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MalcolmInN

Quote from: austinbob on January 23, 2015, 05:50:54 PM
This looks like a 'pointless' thread :beers:
:laughabovepost: however :

:no: It is with regret that I have to inform honerable member Bob that we have to 'face' the point that there is a 'catch' to his proposal in the fact that our esteemed mod. Bealman has already 'slipped' this route into the track plan he lodged with the relevant authorities in postreply#6
Thus the 'token' for this route is not yet available for said honerable member to proceed.

Sorry :) :)

Dave95979

they are in a white bag under the stairs !

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations