Getting them interested at an early age

Started by daffy, November 30, 2018, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Getting children interested in any subject or hobby these days can be a little difficult given the great variety of things that assail them everyday. So I was thinking the other day, as I and my 2 year old grandson were pushing trains around his wooden railway set, what else can I do to widen his interest in railways. :hmmm:

So it was nice today to come across a set of books for children that exactly fits the bill:

https://petersrailway.com/

I must confess that, besides trying to get young Tom to do more than push his namesake over a bridge and through a tunnel (though in fact his actions were more akin to someone looking for a life in the demolition industry) :doh:, I had a deeper motive. As Tom is the only grandchild I have showing any interest in trains, I am rather hoping that, when I finally reach the end of my line, he will want to inherit and enjoy my collection and layout. I'd hate to think it's all going to just get sold or otherwise disposed of.

Of course there's plenty of time yet to keep it all off eBay - I hope - and to build his interest through Brio and Lego, though in his case these books by Chris Vine are not something that would suit him quite yet. But I'm going to try to indoctrinate engender in him a love of all things 'twain, Grandad, twain', and these books will be in my arsenal over the coming years. Along, of course, with those of the esteemed Reverend. :thumbsup:

N.B. I have no affiliation to the author of these books. I'm just a Grandad.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations