dapol hst

Started by matt-b, May 02, 2011, 08:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

I purchased my blue/grey WR HST in June 2011 when they first came out. Due to the daft way it was released I found it difficult to get additional coaches as they were released months earlier and most places were sold out. One day we might even get a buffet coach, although I'm not holding my breath!

Dr Al

Quote from: GrahamG on January 20, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
. One day we might even get a buffet coach, although I'm not holding my breath!

I think this is due imminently...

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Dr Al

Quote from: RizUK on January 20, 2014, 09:16:17 PM
I ain't complaining, its just I bought my ND122H set last week for £130 brand new from a model shop, I guess I was just lucky finding one.

£130....ouch, that's steep! I got two for £85 and £90 each about 6 months back....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Jameswgm

Dapol's FGW Mk3 releases: looking at Hattons, if the coaches are lettered e.g. FO 'G' and TSO 'E', I'm assuming there's only need to buy one of each and the others will be released under different letters?

OK, I've found 5 new released, so they combine with the already released buffet and 1st and 2nd that came with the bookset?

geoffc

I ordered four FGW Dynamic Lines coaches and they arrived this morning from Model Railways Direct, they are:
2P-005-000 FO 41103 G (LA61 set)
2P-005-001 TSO 42083 E (OC55 set)
2P-005-330 TSO 42261 B (OC56 set)
2P-005-331 TSO 42280 E (LA11 set)

The two that came with the book set were:
FO 41132 G (OC37 set)
TSO 42073 D (LA spare)

So it looks as though you wont be able to make up a correctly lettered set, as they are randomly selected from real life HST sets and not one particular set.

Set numbers are courtesy of the ABrail web site

Geoff

georgehgv

According to the ones I received 2P-005-320, 2P-005-330 and 2P-005331 were without buffers, 2P-005-000 and 2P-005-001 don't have buffers but this is not sated on the box label ????

Mystery to me.

But I do now have one duplicated FGW Carriages 40210 Buffet N-216H and two of the new ones 2P-005-000 and 2P-005-001 so will unload them when there is a demand.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Bartercode

There is no coach C at all, which is a bit annoying. we still await the TGS too.

It would be nice to have one of the new mini-buffets as well, but that is probably to much to hope for. I may try making one out of an ordinary coach. Does anyone know the best paint match for FGW blue?

StufromEGDL

BArtercode;

FGW 'Barbie' Blue is available in the bus range marketed by Cherry Paints...C245...

Later;
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Jameswgm

Quote from: geoffc on January 24, 2014, 04:51:59 PM
So it looks as though you wont be able to make up a correctly lettered set, as they are randomly selected from real life HST sets and not one particular set.

As I've missed out on the Dapol FGW Bookset, I'm sort of glad I haven't also missed out on an opportunity to pick up a fully lettered rake! Going to have to re-livery a Farish unit.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations