dapol hst

Started by matt-b, May 02, 2011, 08:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

which of the new dapol hst`s will be the best selling livery?

:NGaugeForum:

REFaust

I would guess blue/grey, but in my house it will be Intercity Swallow, if they get the livery right. The pre-painted samples appeared to have a too dark/green-tinged lower body colour. I don't remember Swallow livery having Khaki in it  :smiley-laughing: If it's wrong on the actual release, then that at least leaves me £200 or so for other stuff :)

R E Faust

:Class31:

matt-b

the dapol mk3`s that are out at the mo, are they for the br intercity or the executive hst

:NGaugeForum:

MJKERR

From the Dapol Mark 3 coaches, without buffers, you can have blue/grey, INTERCITY, and Virgin liveries
However, without the TGS and buffet, you will need to temporarily use the Farish versions...
So far there are the just the TF and TS

scruff

According to Dapol, the Virgin liveried sets are being packed for despatch and the blue/grey ones are held up at southampton docks. No mention of the executive or swallow liveried sets tho...

http://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php

hope this is useful for someone..

Mark

H

Hmm, so that's another two weeks delay before the blue/grey ones start dropping through peoples doors by the time they get to shops and they pack them and send them out to those who have ordered - that's a bit of a bummer. I wonder what the delay at the docks is all about.

H.

Rails have sent an email out today 12-05-11. They have 43071 & 43067 (Buffered) in stock finished in Virgin livery. Shame they come with a TSO & TFO as I only want the power cars to go with my Farish MK3's that I am more than happy with.....Going to be an expensive year as i have 2 rakes of Swallow and 1 rake of Virgin XC !!

Roll on the release of the Swallow livery......

:Class89:
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Adam1701D

I can see a lot of Dapol Mk3s hitting eBay in coming weeks.  ;D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

I was thinking that myself Adam.......To be honest with you, if I could pick them up reasonable id be happy to have a rake. Its just that I have 3 Farish rakes that im more than happy with.....Just not to keen on the Bach / Farish Power cars. Possibly quite a few Farish power cars on eBay aswell???

:Class89:
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

michael

had an email today saying rails sheffield have the virgin one in stock at £127.50  (RRP 159.95) although i would expect hattons to be a couple of quid cheeper.

scruff

hattons are selling them for £129, virgin in stock, blue/grey should be available in about a week.

hth
Mark

Pete Mc

Hello everyone,I shall be having 2 hst's in blue/grey livery as soon as they arrive in the shops.I have 2 on order at Rails of Sheffield,whom sent me an e-mail earlier today to let me know they are due to arrive next week.I can't wait a moment longer.I have enough mk3 stock to make up 2 full rakes,although I only have one buffet car.Passengers unlucky enough to catch the one without will just have to go hungry and thirsty won't they!
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

H

Quote from: Pete Mc on May 20, 2011, 01:44:32 AMPassengers unlucky enough to catch the one without will just have to go hungry and thirsty won't they!

Yep, that's certainly the attitude that many of the TOCs take. ;)

and I'm still waiting patiently for my HST...................I don't recall them being quite this late.

H.

D306Whistler

Well back in the old WAGN days before FCC took over in 2006. There used to be a trolley service on the trains between Peterborough and London Kings Cross. Nowadays you have to pay a visit to WHSmith before boarding the train for London. As for Dapol not yet having a buffet car to complete the rake, you could always operate a trolley service on the HST's until the missing part finally comes out. Or use a farish one for the time being ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

H

Quote from: D306Whistler on May 20, 2011, 02:45:08 PM. As for Dapol not yet having a buffet car to complete the rake, you could always operate a trolley service on the HST's until the missing part finally comes out. Or use a farish one for the time being

Soon it won't matter - there'll be no buffet cars left. Apparently the last buffet car train runs on East Coast trains today and that leaves only one TOC regulalrly using them on a scheduled service.

H.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations