Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Here's the reason nothing is being done to the layout at present...

New puppy!!

She is the great-grand-daughter of our old dog, who doesn't quite know what's hit him! The cat's taken it all in her stride, though.

This is a picture of the 4 generations:

Right to left - me with 13-year-old Markie, then the breeder with daughter and grand-daughter, and my partner Blanche with the new pup, Lexie.

We can't really afford her, and the timing couldn't be worse, but you don't get these opportunities every day.

Normal railway service will be resumed when the stress levels have returned to normal...

Cheers,

Chris

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

red_death

That is one very cute puppy! What breed are they?

Thanks, Mike

Bob Tidbury

A house is not a home without a dog.
Bob

Tdm

Papyrus

Quote from: red_death on October 29, 2015, 03:10:00 PM
That is one very cute puppy! What breed are they?

Thanks, Mike

Lagotto romagnolo! No, we hadn't heard of them either 6 years ago, before we were offered Markie as a rehome. They were originally Italian duck hunting dogs, going back to the 7th century, but are now used as truffle-hounds. Delightful dogs, but they ain't cheap! Google 'lagotto' for more info and pics.

Cheers,

Chris

daveg

Smashing looking pup.

Hope you have a long and happy time together.

Dave G

red_death

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 29, 2015, 04:48:32 PM
A house is not a home without a dog.

I have a cat who quite often thinks she is a dog...

Last night I put my tea down for a second, she didn't eat it - that would have been too simple and obvious. No, she jumped up and decided she would then fall asleep on top of the pile of pasta and sauce.  Cue one irate Mike and a sauce covered cat...  :scowl:

Stupid creature!

Chris - thanks for that, I've never come across that breed before!

Cheers, Mike

acko22

:D :D :D

One weekend and 3 locos won on Ebay all things I want and I beat the snipers without paying over the odds!!

Porterbrook 57
Dutch 31
GBRF 73 pair

All DCC and for less than the grand total of £150!! I must have done something right for a change!!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

paulprice

Quote from: acko22 on November 01, 2015, 11:26:34 PM
:D :D :D

One weekend and 3 locos won on Ebay all things I want and I beat the snipers without paying over the odds!!

Porterbrook 57
Dutch 31
GBRF 73 pair

All DCC and for less than the grand total of £150!! I must have done something right for a change!!!

Lucky you

railsquid

Apparently in December I will be partaking in an experiment whereby I am strapped into a metal cylinder next to a small excitable baby and flung on an arc westwards over Siberia. On the plus side trips to the SVR and Hereford Model Centre are on the cards. :claphappy:

Any other railway attractions within day-tripping distance of the Herefordshire/Powys border?

MikeDunn

Well, you've missed the Tyseley Open Days (and the Museum there has closed) ... but you can always head into the ThinkTank to see the City of Birmingham ...  You can always head to DCC Supplies when you're around SVR/HMC (just north of Worcester).

But you've picked the wrong time of year to get to many rail-related places;  when in December are you around ?

railsquid

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 02, 2015, 01:42:14 PM
Well, you've missed the Tyseley Open Days (and the Museum there has closed) ... but you can always head into the ThinkTank to see the City of Birmingham ...  You can always head to DCC Supplies when you're around SVR/HMC (just north of Worcester).
And not far west from where I once lived, I'm sure I must have cycled past the location at times (though I doubt they were there then). I do have a loco they might need to look at...
Quote from: MikeDunn on November 02, 2015, 01:42:14 PM
But you've picked the wrong time of year to get to many rail-related places;  when in December are you around ?
1st - 15th. Not an ideal time of year, but it's the way things work out.

daveg

You'll be in my neck of the woods Squiddy so drop me a PM if you have the time/inclination. 

DCC Supplies are 8 miles from my gate.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Following a disaster (i.e. tiled floor) hitting my class 37 - see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29358.msg341780#msg341780

I am happy to report that, due completely to the efforts of a fellow forum member, my 37 is not just back in one piece but running a treat.
The member concerned likes to remain anonymous, but you know who you are, Pike  :claphappy:
:thankyousign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations