Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on September 05, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
chaps is it a bargain?

At £89 I would say 'yes, it's a bargain'

Quote from: paulprice on September 05, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
Do I really need another engine?

I'm surprised you're asking :D

jonclox

:claphappy: Inhaler worked well for  48 ours but has again seized up solid. Chemist recommends a new prescription foe another one because she can see that this one is faulty :veryangry:
Replacement prescription sent to chemist this morning.
Will test it out well then strip the faulty one down and see whats causing all my problems
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Caz

Why o why can't the UK get its NHS sorted as it was the mother of the thing. 

Been having a problem for the last few days so phoned the doctors this morning at ten past 8, given an appointment for 8.45 with asking for an emergency or anything.  Saw the doctor who then sent me to the "infermeria" (nurse) for some tests and give a sample, 15 minutes later have the result and back to see the doctor who then prescribes the medicine (antibiotics).  No prescription or anything, you just take your medical card (has an embedded chip) to the local "farmacia" (chemist) give them your card and they dispense the medicine. 

The only down side is that here, you don't get free prescriptions but you don't have pay the full price as it is subsidised by the government for pensioners so I had to pay the princely sum of 63 cents (about 45p) for my antibiotics.  One happy teddy here and already on the road to recovery.

Simple and fast, who oh why can't the UK NHS get itself sorted like this as it is supposed to be the mother of such a service..

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

I phoned the surgery for an appointment on Monday, went along at 11am, was seen and out by 11:30, clutching a prescription for antibiotics. Home from chemists by 12 and taking the first dose. It doesn't cost me anything.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Oldman

Malc in all fairness any of us over 60 get free prescription drugs.
It's when you go for the  repeat prescription and get a carrier bag full that is time to think thank goodness I have not got to pay for this lot  :uneasy:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

dannyboy

I knew there was a reason I was thinking of coming back to England.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Geoff

Today I went into hospital as an outpatient for a colonoscopy to find out what caused me to Hemerage, I have had Diverticulitis for the last 20 years and I have to stick to a diet, but before my bleed I must of eaten something I should not, and the Colonoscopy proved today that I bled from one of my small pockets, that was one big relief as I was told that it has healed up fine, I was so worried about the bleed and thought my number was up at the time, and now back to a strict diet leaving out anything with seeds and nuts.

I have nothing but a big thumbs up and thankyou to our national health service.
Geoff

camelback

Quote from: Geoff on September 11, 2015, 10:46:36 PM
Today I went into hospital as an outpatient for a colonoscopy to find out what caused me to Hemerage, I have had Diverticulitis for the last 20 years and I have to stick to a diet, but before my bleed I must of eaten something I should not, and the Colonoscopy proved today that I bled from one of my small pockets, that was one big relief as I was told that it has healed up fine, I was so worried about the bleed and thought my number was up at the time, and now back to a strict diet leaving out anything with seeds and nuts.

Eyup Geoff, I had my diverticklitus operated on three years ago and I've never looked back No diet, eat what I like. No pain and a nice big scar to frighten the grand kids with. Good old NHS

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Oldthe 05ss5ng 6nesman on September 10, 2015, 11:05:10 PM
and get a carrier bag full that is time to think
Or :
you discover that you are about to run out of meds. and put in a 'repeat',,, to be followed 2 days later by a 'phone from doc's assistant - " You ordered these just 3weeks ago and doc wonders why you request more "
Duh! One then has to admit that one has 'lost' them :( no prob, she will re-issue them then.
Even worse : they eventually turn up at the bottom of a carrier bag full of cup-a-soups :( oh the shame of it all, , , ,

Geoff

Quote from: camelback on September 12, 2015, 12:55:35 AM
Quote from: Geoff on September 11, 2015, 10:46:36 PM

Eyup Geoff, I had my diverticklitus operated on three years ago and I've never looked back No diet, eat what I like. No pain and a nice big scar to frighten the grand kids with. Good old NHS

Well i have quite a lot of them so not that simple and the 2 that bled are in a precarious position just where the food comes into the bowel, I go back to the clinic to see the surgeon when my appointment comes to disguss my options but to be truthful the diet does not bother me as I can still have a pint of beer so things are not the hat bad.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Glad to hear things are looking brighter for you, Geoff :thumbsup:

Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 12, 2015, 01:58:00 AM
Even worse : they eventually turn up at the bottom of a carrier bag full of cup-a-soups :( oh the shame of it all, , , ,

Cup-a-soups :hmmm: Yep - that's embarrassing for sure :sick2: ;)

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on September 12, 2015, 10:37:08 AMCup-a-soups :hmmm: Yep - that's embarrassing for sure :sick2: ;)
:laughabovepost:
It gets worse : they are Ainsley Harriott's and were on special offer in the 99p shop,
oh the shame.

Plea in mitigation / I do have my own homemade soups, but they are usually in the freezer when I fancy a cup !

MikeDunn

Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 12, 2015, 11:32:11 AM
It gets worse : they are Ainsley Harriott's and were on special offer in the 99p shop,
oh the shame.
I hope it was 99p the lot, and not each, otherwise you're right - it is getting worse !!!  ::)

steve836

I quite like Cuppasoups :-[ :sorrysign:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

I've got some sachets of powdered water but don't know what to dilute them with :dunce:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations