Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Well it was worth waiting for Paul and I do like the underground paper, very clever lady you have there  ;)

cheers John.

Bealman

I was just checking the Media section and saw the pics there. Of course, I immediately thought, "Aha... Paul's pressies!"

Great wrapping paper!! Tell Clare well done! It's obvious what's in that box at the back.....  :claphappy:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

With my in-laws, but definitely a visit for the happy thread thanks to the lovely stack of birthday presents they got for me. Alongside three 'History of Middle Earth' books I can not add a Farish intermodal 'Samskip' twin-pack, a Farish BDA Bogie Bolster in Dutch livery, a three-pack of weathered 12T plywood vans, and a clutch of Oxford die cast vehicles!  :D

And tomorrow, I'm hopefully going to see D832 on the West Somerset Railway with my wife and assorted nieces!  :beers:

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

daveg

Sounds great!

Have a good day, NeMo :thumbsup:

Dave G

Bealman

All the best, buddy.  :beers:

George

Newportnobby

Clare's done you proud on the presents, Paul, especially the BP. :thumbsup:

A caveat about the WS Track Tidy though. I have found their liquid cleaner to leave a greasy residue on the track which causes much wheel slip, so I would advise you test it on a small area first :hmmm:
(Unlike George's Brut which he splashes all over :-X)

Bealman

I think it's 99% IPA and 1% smelly juice

Caz

What brilliant pressies you had, hope you repay Clare when it's her birthday.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Sounds like a cracking birthday too NeMo :beers:

Well, I'm sitting here at the Loxwood Joust with a belly full of hog roast and crackling, washed down with a pint of Padstow Pride :pint:

. . . and the Mediaeval Baebes are on again in 45 minutes :drool:

Paul

daveg

Poor bloke!

Don't know how you put up with it all  ;)

Dave G

scottmitchell74

Sounds fun! Sounds like a hobbit meal. I like to eat things that remind me of Middle Earth.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Obviously one of those 'pale' beers, Paul, but did you have to show off your nail varnish :goggleeyes: :P

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
Sounds great.... but I don't care for the plastic glasses much - they were expecting a riot, then?  :beers:

George

Sprintex

When you have people wandering around the place plastic glasses are a necessity I'd say, glass ones would invariably get broken and then you have shards of glass in grass areas where people want to sit and picnic, kids play, etc ;)

Paul

talisman56

Quote from: Bealman on August 03, 2014, 03:33:42 AM
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
Sounds great.... but I don't care for the plastic glasses much - they were expecting a riot, then?  :beers:

George

Most pubs have a policy that if you're going to drink outside on the pavement (assuming it's permitted by the local authority) then you have to have the drink in a plastic glass...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations