Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Quote from: scotsoft on June 16, 2014, 11:16:29 PM
take the Metro to the coast where we will have a trip on a miniature railway, eat some fish and chips then a slow stroll along the sea front taking in the sea air
Whereabouts ?

The only one that springs to mind is the one around the lake in South Marine Park, South Shields ?

Mike

scotsoft

Quote from: MikeDunn on June 17, 2014, 10:10:35 AM
Whereabouts ?

The only one that springs to mind is the one around the lake in South Marine Park, South Shields ?

Mike

That's the one  ;)

cheers John.

Malc

We are staying at the Premier Inn, Port of Tyne on Monday & Tuesday while I visit my family in Jarrow, so may get a trip on the miniature railway. Not sure if I will have time for a get together as I have 6 nephews/nieces to see.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MikeDunn

Beware the trek along Ocean Road then ! ;)

The best chippie used to be the Red Hut ... if you don't know it, it's where they dumped The Dunes  :(  The next-best was almost at the top of Ocean Road, just down from Morrisons; that's probably long-gone too :(

But at least the Marsden Rattler & the carriages seem to still be there (albeit in an appalling colour - they used to be 'pretend' Pullmans, didn't they ? :scowl: but that's better than the pink Google Maps shows !!!) ... get a drink in that pub  :beers:  It's just along from the miniature railway.

Quote from: Malc on June 17, 2014, 10:21:06 AM
We are staying at the Premier Inn, Port of Tyne on Monday & Tuesday while I visit my family in Jarrow, so may get a trip on the miniature railway. Not sure if I will have time for a get together as I have 6 nephews/nieces to see.
No reason why not - if it's a nice day, just pop along on the Metro ... if the kids are young enough, suggest a trip to the fun-fair ;)

Oldman

Went to the doc's yesterday for an emergency appointment and it looks like they may finally be listening to me.
Chest Xray this morning, Blood Tests on friday but the rest I am dreading if it turns out to be positive.

Will post more when I know.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

daveg

Quote from: Oldman on June 17, 2014, 11:31:18 AM
Went to the doc's yesterday for an emergency appointment and it looks like they may finally be listening to me.
Chest Xray this morning, Blood Tests on friday but the rest I am dreading if it turns out to be positive.

Will post more when I know.

Best of luck - unsettling all that waiting!

Dave G

Geoff

Well just been told that my lad could be leaving home in 6-8 weeks and that would free the room up for me to use, it has come with a cost though, the wife got her wish of a new suite that was ordered on Sunday, now I wonder how easy is it to disappear among all the N gauge stuff I have accumulated.

I will be on cloud 9 when he leaves, just the youngest now to work on lol.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Hope things work out for you, Geoff, but ladies tend to change their minds quite a bit so can you get it in writing.....a sort of post N'uptial :D

Geoff

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2014, 12:20:16 PM
Hope things work out for you, Geoff, but ladies tend to change their minds quite a bit so can you get it in writing.....a sort of post N'uptial :D

Well the suite was part of a compulsory purchase order on the bedroom, and she will not need the extra bed as that is built in to the corner unit, I think I have done her proud, just got to sort the dining room wall out now that the model railway has been attached to, the wife is on cloud 9 she is getting 2 new rooms downstairs freed up.

It has been quite hard keeping her cheered up, went to 4 furniture shops on sunday and the only one that came up trumps was Sofa Works, the girl in there was laxly daisycal  she thought Warrington was in Lancashire, well going back to the good old day she is right but no longer alas its been moved into the Cheshire stockbroker belt with all them posh pedolino trains.
Geoff

Malc

Quote from: MikeDunn on June 17, 2014, 10:27:59 AM

No reason why not - if it's a nice day, just pop along on the Metro ... if the kids are young enough, suggest a trip to the fun-fair ;)

Unfortunately the kids all have kids of their own. Hopefully, they will all still be at school, so we should get some peace and quiet.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mr bachmann

just to warn you all yours truly has got the Robin Reliant (1959 MkV) back on the road, compleete with V112 and the insurance did not alter from the 850  Robin, they even throw in free road rent .  :)

alan

Oldun

Quote from: mr bachmann on June 25, 2014, 08:16:55 PM
just to warn you all yours truly has got the Robin Reliant (1959 MkV) back on the road, compleete with V112 and the insurance did not alter from the 850  Robin, they even throw in free road rent .  :)

alan

:whisper: Don't forget your MOT exempt as well  :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

BIG tax rebate received - 6 figure sum (but includes 2 decimal places) :bounce: :bounce:

Sprintex

Quote from: mr bachmann on June 25, 2014, 08:16:55 PM
just to warn you all yours truly has got the Robin Reliant (1959 MkV) back on the road,

I'm sure you meant to type Reliant Robin, not Robin Reliant ;)

Paul

GeeBee

Ordered an EWS Class 37 from Kernow Model Rail Centre very very late Thursday night, it arrived lunchtime today superb service well packed it took me ten minutes to get into the package, runs like a dream, I am very happy with it

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations