NGS The Thompson BGs have at last arrived

Started by Snowwolflair, October 02, 2016, 01:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

The date of Warley gets closer when I collect mine!  Paying out on train fares and entry so being a retired accountant, did not want to pay postage as well!

zopadooper

But is it really worth the long wait just to save £4?

Alan Reed
NGS Treasurer

JBQFC

got my blue one yesterday a great model it is well done to the NGS  :NGaugersRule:

Mirrlees

Quote from: Calnefoxile on November 03, 2016, 05:30:27 PM

As much as it's great to see that the BG's are arriving, to all those who have theirs STOP SHOWING OFF  :D :D :D :D

I can't get mine until Warley, because I'm a skinflint and paid to pick them up  :hmmm: :hmmm:

But the do look bl00dy good  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Cheers

Neal.

I didn't think you wanted yours until Trainwest...........
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Mirrlees

Quote from: Portpatrick on November 08, 2016, 08:51:30 AM
The date of Warley gets closer when I collect mine!  Paying out on train fares and entry so being a retired accountant, did not want to pay postage as well!

I'd better not forget them then......   :)
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

johnk

Received mine this morning - a really fine model in Faux Teak.
Congrats to the Society for another first class model with superb service. I only paid the balance on line on Saturday,
which makes less than two working days to get here!!
Thank you to all

Les1952

Mine has arrived, and been test run in the Northbound parcels train on Hawthorn Dene.  It has stayed coupled to each of the three locos normally rostered to said train and to the CCT the other side of it for ten laps of the track for each loco without incident.  This is a minimum prerequisite for shows as far as I'm concerned  If a train even only manages nine uneventful laps before a separation or derailment  it is remarshalled and retested until it can do ten. 

Following application of a light coat of grot (powders and dirty thinners to seal them) it is now safely boxed up with the rest of the parcels train ready for Newcastle show this weekend.

The displaced Poole GUV has gone into the spare stock box.

Les

Shiney Sheff

Flying Scotsman in wartime black and Sir Nigel Gresley with the new coaches along with my Dapol teak as a comparison.

One thing I have noticed the new brakes are very close coupled and while coupling together is easy they are quite difficult to get back apart, which has so far involved removal from the track to get them apart, otherwise very happy with them

LNER1949

Rescived mine last week ! All in good order and correct from when the deposit was paid some time ago, well worth the wait ! I must admit that I have only looked at them in their boxes as I have not quite had the time to give them a run out yet, look forward to doing this after Rembrance Sunday. The ones I've orded are the teak and Crimson & Cream.

Chris in Prague

The great advantage of parcels stock is that it travelled far and wide. There are plenty of photos. of WR, LMR, and ER parcels stock in North Cornwall, albeit 4-wheeled not bogie LMR and ER parcels coaches but I have a story to explain that. Here is a special parcels train of the NGS Thompson design BGs in BR Blue and BR Lined Maroon passing through Cant Cove en route to Penmayne.

Close-ups:

BR Lined Maroon

BR Blue

LNER1949

longbow

Newportnobby

Just ordered a crimson & cream one to keep my lined maroon one company :D

LNER1949

Many thanks, just order another 2 marooned lined TB to add to my exsisting fleet !

Portpatrick

Mine looked great in a rake of Gresley Thompson and Mk 1 coaches on the club layout last Thursday.  And at last I have got the B12/1 kit running to my satisfaction on the front of them.  The number of vehicles I can choose from to make the parcels train each time Portptatrick Town goes out grows ever larger.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations