Important educational experiences

Started by railsquid, September 06, 2016, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train Waiting

Millom achieved its justified fame with a Minitrix wagon and very nice it is too.

Is she the last surviving British-built battleship?

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

chrism

Quote from: railsquid on November 21, 2021, 03:52:48 PM
Quote from: chrism on November 21, 2021, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: railsquid on November 21, 2021, 03:24:26 PM
Japanese_battleship_Mikasa]Mikasa[/url], which apart from playing a key role in the 1905 Battle of Tsushima is apparently the only surviving example of such a ship.

She's a double last - the last pre-Dreadnought battleship and the last British built battleship.

Eh? I thought that was the much later HMS Vanguard.

Sorry, I meant the last surviving in both categories.

railsquid

Quote from: Train Waiting on November 21, 2021, 04:36:39 PM
Millom achieved its justified fame with a Minitrix wagon and very nice it is too.

Is she the last surviving British-built battleship?

Going by Wikipedia the only surviving non-American battleship, even.

railsquid

I am not quite sure what we have done to the Squidlet, but he has become an industrial-grade Drawer of Things and Producer of Books (you should see what he can do with a stapler and a pack of A4 paper), here a recent train drawing:

In the off-chance anyone does not recognize the prototype, it's a JR East E235 series, albeit here in a fictitious Squidlet-designed livery.

Here is a model of an actual one:

Kato E235 (Yamanote Line) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Papyrus

That is really excellent - he's got the perspective on the train perfectly.

I just hope the driver wasn't hurt when the cannonball went through the windscreen...

Cheers,

Chris

railsquid

Quote from: Papyrus on March 18, 2022, 03:52:46 PM
I just hope the driver wasn't hurt when the cannonball went through the windscreen...

I thought it was a large spider, but I am assured it is the reflection of the sun.

Bealman

I actually worked that out, which shows what a great drawing it is!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations