fence posts

Started by brbluewill, December 30, 2011, 06:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

would you get away using painted matchsticks for fence posts or do you think these would look overscale ???
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Sprintex

A match measures 2mm across, so that's a foot in real life, so yes way overscale for a fencepost I'm afraid  :-\

Paul

Alex

Hi gwrwill,

Most fence posts were 3" x 3" so if you could find some 20thou (.5mm) evergreen square section that would do the trick. You could probably get away with 30thou (.75mm).

I'm sure I've seen somewhere where somebody has used square section and drilled holes in it and threaded through very thin wire or fishing gut to make it look like concrete fence posts. I remember these kind of posts from when I was a nipper and they may have been 4" x 4".

Hope this helps.

Alex

brbluewill

Quote from: alex crawford on December 30, 2011, 07:09:32 PM
Hi gwrwill,

Most fence posts were 3" x 3" so if you could find some 20thou (.5mm) evergreen square section that would do the trick. You could probably get away with 30thou (.75mm).

I'm sure I've seen somewhere where somebody has used square section and drilled holes in it and threaded through very thin wire or fishing gut to make it look like concrete fence posts. I remember these kind of posts from when I was a nipper and they may have been 4" x 4".

Hope this helps.

Alex

sorry to be a thicko alex could you look at this and let me know what im looking for ;)

http://transportmodels.co.uk/index.php?cPath=124&sort=5a&page=1

Alex

Hi gwrwill,

Yup, that looks about right. If you look at page 2 you will see .020 x .020 and further down .030 x .030. That's 20 thou and 30 thou.

I haven't bought microstrip for a while but the prices look ok.

Hope this helps.

Alex :wave:

brbluewill

Quote from: alex crawford on December 30, 2011, 08:37:03 PM
Hi gwrwill,

Yup, that looks about right. If you look at page 2 you will see .020 x .020 and further down .030 x .030. That's 20 thou and 30 thou.

I haven't bought microstrip for a while but the prices look ok.

Hope this helps.

Alex :wave:

cheers alex :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations