peco collett

Started by brbluewill, December 20, 2011, 12:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

took delivery of a shiny new collett today so gave it a wee run and was devastated as it jerked and stuttered going forward and ran not so bad in reverse :'(  took the tender off and all looked ok and pushed the decoder and it was slightly loose so tried again and it ran smooth as you like :beers: my question is as i know nothing about dcc and decoders is if the chip was slightly loose would that cause poor performance?? sorry if this is a silly question but i am just putting my mind at rest and if i need to send it back or not.
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

BernardTPM

Given that all control of the electrics are wired through the DCC chip, then if it has loose connections it is very likely to affect performance. If the chip keeps coming loose that's a problem, if it doesn't any more it's not.

brbluewill

thanks bernard much appreciated :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Karhedron

Glad it was an easy fix, mine had to go back to Peco for a new chassis when it cooked itself while being run in. Fortunately Peco were very good and repaired it under warranty in under a week.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations