Peco brick walling

Started by Adrian, May 05, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Peco used to do two packs of brick walling - one red (NB42) and one blue (NB44).

As I can't locate the red packs, would I be right in thinking this version is no longer available?

Thanks

Adrian

Ditape

I think you must be I have tried a world wide search for it and can not find it either. :hmmm:
Diane Tape

elmo

I just typed in "peco n gauge brick sheet" and found some at Antics and Buffers.

Elmo

Adrian

I did check all the main retailers before posting on the Forum ...........................

The standard illustration is two part and shows stone to the left and red brick to the right.

However, the caption at retailers such as those mentioned, refers to NB44 blue.

Adrian

austinbob

Quote from: Adrian on May 05, 2015, 05:48:56 PM
I did check all the main retailers before posting on the Forum ...........................

The standard illustration is two part and shows stone to the left and red brick to the right.

Adrian
Might be better to use the blue stuff and paint it. That tends to take the 'plastic' shine off in my opinion
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

steve836

Quote from: austinbob on May 05, 2015, 06:01:07 PM

Adrian
Might be better to use the blue stuff and paint it. That tends to take the 'plastic' shine off in my opinion

If you're going to do that you might as well use Slaters Plasticard which is cheaper and has a bigger range (several types of stone and different bonds for brickwork).
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

austinbob

Quote from: steve836 on May 06, 2015, 02:17:29 PM
Quote from: austinbob on May 05, 2015, 06:01:07 PM

Adrian

If you're going to do that you might as well use Slaters Plasticard which is cheaper and has a bigger range (several types of stone and different bonds for brickwork).
You're right of course.  :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Dorsetmike

I like using Slater's but not too struck on their colours, so I spray the with either grey or red primer, the stone I mixed dove grey and pebble emulsion (match pots) and applied with a 4" roller, it came out close to the colour of Purbeck stone which I wanted, I found that with normal handling when cutting out and assembling a small amount rubbed off giving a good effect.

It should be possible to match most brick or stone colours by mixing match pot emulsions. I also mix the greens or browns with  filler for scenery contours.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Adrian

What's the definition like on the Slaters product?

I have no firsthand evidence but have read somewhere the brickwork isn't as crisp as it might be?

Adrian

Dorsetmike

I don't have any photos of a building using Slater's brick, but do have one of one with Slater's stone, (painted as described above) tiles on this were done with strips of tile printed paper.

[smg id=19882]
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bealman

I have attempted scratchbuilding with the Peco stuff, and to be honest, found it an absolute dog to work with. It's far too thick, which makes it a devil to cut, and it has huge moulding pips on the back which can also cause problems.

It must be remembered that this is an early Peco product  (dating back to the 60s - early 70s ).
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations